Through 3 Quarters
The Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but the Golden State Warriors are posing a tough problem. After three quarters it's looking more and more like Golden State's high-powered offense is just too much for the Trail Blazers as Golden State lead 91-70.
Golden State has been riding high on the performance of point guard Stephen Curry, who has 22 points and six assists along with six rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Draymond Green's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Portland has enjoyed the tag-team combination of center Jusuf Nurkic and small forward Norman Powell. The former has 17 points in addition to four boards, while the latter has 15 points. Nurkic has also picked up four fouls, though.
Portland has lost 82% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this contest will end the same way.
Portland @ Golden State
Current Records: Portland 10-9; Golden State 16-2
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers' road trip will continue as they head to Chase Center at 10 p.m. ET on Friday to face off against the Golden State Warriors. Coming off of a loss in a game they were expected to win, the Trail Blazers nows face the more daunting task of proving themselves against unfavorable odds.
It looks like Portland got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. They fell just short of the Sacramento Kings by a score of 125-121. The loss was just more heartbreak for Rip City, who fell 124-121 when the teams previously met last month. Shooting guard CJ McCollum had a pretty forgettable game, picking up five fouls and turning the ball over four times en route to a 6-for-20, 13-point finish.
As for Golden State, they can't say they have nothing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving week. They made easy work of the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday and carried off a 116-96 victory. The margin was wide but not a surprise since the spread was 10 points in the Warriors' favor. Their point guard Stephen Curry did his thing and shot 6-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 25 points and ten dimes.
Golden State's win lifted them to 16-2 while Portland's defeat dropped them down to 10-9. If Golden State want to win, they will need to focus on stopping Portland's point guard Damian Lillard, who dropped a double-double on 32 points and ten assists along with six boards, and center Jusuf Nurkic, who posted a double-double on 28 points and 17 rebounds in addition to five dimes. We'll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- TV: NBC Sports - Bay Area
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $110.00
The Warriors are a solid 6-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 7-point favorite.
Golden State have won 24 out of their last 34 games against Portland.
- Mar 03, 2021 - Portland 108 vs. Golden State 106
- Jan 03, 2021 - Golden State 137 vs. Portland 122
- Jan 01, 2021 - Portland 123 vs. Golden State 98
- Jan 20, 2020 - Portland 129 vs. Golden State 124
- Dec 18, 2019 - Portland 122 vs. Golden State 112
- Nov 04, 2019 - Golden State 127 vs. Portland 118
- May 20, 2019 - Golden State 119 vs. Portland 117
- May 18, 2019 - Golden State 110 vs. Portland 99
- May 16, 2019 - Golden State 114 vs. Portland 111
- May 14, 2019 - Golden State 116 vs. Portland 94
- Feb 13, 2019 - Portland 129 vs. Golden State 107
- Dec 29, 2018 - Golden State 115 vs. Portland 105
- Dec 27, 2018 - Portland 110 vs. Golden State 109
- Nov 23, 2018 - Golden State 125 vs. Portland 97
- Mar 09, 2018 - Portland 125 vs. Golden State 108
- Feb 14, 2018 - Portland 123 vs. Golden State 117
- Dec 11, 2017 - Golden State 111 vs. Portland 104
- Apr 24, 2017 - Golden State 128 vs. Portland 103
- Apr 22, 2017 - Golden State 119 vs. Portland 113
- Apr 19, 2017 - Golden State 110 vs. Portland 81
- Apr 16, 2017 - Golden State 121 vs. Portland 109
- Jan 29, 2017 - Golden State 113 vs. Portland 111
- Jan 04, 2017 - Golden State 125 vs. Portland 117
- Dec 17, 2016 - Golden State 135 vs. Portland 90
- Nov 01, 2016 - Golden State 127 vs. Portland 104
- May 11, 2016 - Golden State 125 vs. Portland 121
- May 09, 2016 - Golden State 132 vs. Portland 125
- May 07, 2016 - Portland 120 vs. Golden State 108
- May 03, 2016 - Golden State 110 vs. Portland 99
- May 01, 2016 - Golden State 118 vs. Portland 106
- Apr 03, 2016 - Golden State 136 vs. Portland 111
- Mar 11, 2016 - Golden State 128 vs. Portland 112
- Feb 19, 2016 - Portland 137 vs. Golden State 105
- Jan 08, 2016 - Golden State 128 vs. Portland 108
Injury Report for Golden State
- Damion Lee: Out (Personal)
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Knee)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)