Five of Sunday's eight second-round 2021 NCAA Tournament games will feature double-digit seeds as the group of underdogs that emerged on Friday look to keep the momentum going with more upsets. And a couple of those double-digit seeds have legitimate chances to advance out of the round and into the Sweet 16.
There's plenty of intriguing games on the slate with some blue-bloods taking the court. One that may be floating under the radar is No. 11 seed Syracuse taking on No. 3 seed West Virginia. The Orange were among the final teams to make the bracket after a very average regular season, but they have come to life of late and sparked quite a run. The Mountaineers, meanwhile, are basically the opposite of what a traditional Bob Huggins team would look like. Plus, a pair of those double-digit seeds hit the floor late on Sunday when both No. 15 seed Oral Roberts and No. 13 seed North Texas look to keep hope alive.
If either Oral Roberts or North Texas are successful on Sunday, it would mark the first appearance from either squad in the Sweet 16. But a win by the Gators over the Eagles would advance them to their first Sweet 16 since 2017, and a victory from the Wildcats over the Mean Green would be their second appearance in three years in the third round.
So settle in, grab your remote and get ready for more March Madness. All times Eastern
2021 March Madness live stream
Date: Sunday, March 21 | Round: 2 | Regions: South, Midwest
Live stream: March Madness Live
- (1) Illinois vs. (8) Loyola Chicago -- 12:10 p.m. | CBS (watch live)
- (1) Baylor vs. (9) Wisconsin -- 2:40 p.m. | CBS (watch live)
- (11) Syracuse vs. (3) West Virginia -- 5:15 p.m. | CBS (watch live)
- (6) Texas Tech vs. (3) Arkansas -- 6:10 p.m. | TNT (watch live)
- (10) Rutgers vs. (2) Houston -- 7:10 p.m. | TBS (watch live)
- (7) Florida vs. (15) Oral Roberts -- 7:45 p.m. | truTV (watch live)
- (5) Villanova vs. (13) North Texas -- 8:45 p.m. | TNT (watch live)
- (12) Oregon State vs. (4) Oklahoma State -- 9:40 p.m. | TBS (watch live)