Gerry and Wyatt Nelson took over the Blues' radio broadcast booth for another unforgettable moment. Sportsnet

When we last met Gerry Nelson and his son Wyatt, they got a surprise visit from the Stanley Cup in their hometown of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. In the touching video that went viral among hockey fans, Gerry, who became visually impaired in 1988, was overcome with emotion upon his first touch of the Cup.

However, it was the story of young Wyatt and how he helps hockey games come alive for his father that really caught everyone's attention.

The two go to a lot of the local junior hockey team's games together. Gerry used to listen to the play-by-play on the radio to follow the action, but when there was no broadcast for a preseason game, Wyatt handled the call so his father wouldn't miss a play. That's how they watch most games together now.

Touched by the story, former St. Louis Blues player and current radio analyst Kelly Chase went to the organization with an idea. Chase, who also played his junior hockey for the Blades right around the same time Gerry lost his sight, wanted to bring the Nelsons down for a playoff game. He enlisted the help of general manager Doug Armstrong and other Blues staffers to work it out so that Gerry and Wyatt could be there for Game 2 of the Western Conference finals in St. Louis.

Here's a look at a little more about their story and the surprise phone call:

Chase also revealed that Wyatt was going to be invited into the Blues' broadcast booth with Chase and play-by-play man Chris Kerber to call some of the action as the Blues took on the San Jose Sharks. However, instead of just calling the game for his dad, he was going to do it live on air for the Blues fans listening on the radio.

The two couldn't say yes fast enough to the Blues offer and on Tuesday they boarded a plane to St. Louis.

The Nelsons made it to Game 2 and were outfitted with brand new Blues gear. They even gave an introductory press conference and were among the most popular people in the building with everyone wanting the chance to meet the inspiring father and son.

The Nelsons met Bob Cole, the Canadian broadcasting legend and Hockey hall of Fame honoree who called the game for the CBC. There was an encounter with future Hall of Fame goaltender and Blues assistant GM Martin Brodeur. Wyatt also got an autograph from former Blues defenseman and recent Hall of Fame inductee Chris Pronger, among others. Their entire day was documented by the Blues' Twitter.

During the first period, it was time for Wyatt's big debut. The 12-year-old donned the headset, with his father at his side and Chase on the color commentary. He called several minutes of the action, while showing little to no nerves, and doing his best to describe the plays. Not knowing all of the players, he couldn't get as descriptive as a seasoned pro might, but he sounded great. Remember, he's 12.

Chase would pop in for some analysis while Kerber, standing behind Wyatt, would offer some gentle nudges in the right direction. All-in-all, it was a really, really cool thing for the Blues to do.

There's a little sampling of Wyatt's play-by-play in this video:

Apparently Wyatt also got a call from the great Mike "Doc" Emrick of NBC Sports after his broadcasting debut. The young Saskatoon native had referenced Emrick in the original video saying that he didn't feel he could compare to the broadcasting legend.

The Blues ended up losing Game 2 to the San Jose Sharks, but they certainly won the day by going out of their way to make an unforgettable memory for a father and son that have a bond worth celebrating.