Neither Newcastle nor Southampton have done much over the early part of the season to dispel the idea that they will be battling at the bottom end of the Premier League table all season long. Though Southampton managed an unlikely draw against Manchester United, neither team has looked impressive over the first two weekends of the season.
Southampton @ Newcastle United
Current Records: Southampton 0-1-1; Newcastle United 0-2
Craving even more coverage of the world's game? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
What to Know
Southampton and Newcastle United are meeting up for their first leg of the season at 10 a.m. ET on Saturday at St. James' Park. The teams split their matchups last year, with Southampton winning the first 2-0 at home and Newcastle taking the second 3-2.
On Sunday, Southampton and Manchester United ended up with a point apiece after a 1-1 draw. Meanwhile, the Magpies came up short against Aston Villa on Saturday, falling 2-0. After unsatisfying finishes in their previous games, both teams are out for the full three points in this fixture.
How To Watch
- Who: Newcastle United vs. Southampton
- When: Saturday at 10 a.m. ET
- Where: St. James' Park
- Online streaming: Peacock
- Odd: Newcastle +150, Draw +245, Southampton +175 (odds via Caesar's Sportsbook)
Newcastle United have won five out of their last eight games against Southampton.
- Feb 06, 2021 - Newcastle United 3 vs. Southampton 2
- Nov 06, 2020 - Southampton 2 vs. Newcastle United 0
- Mar 07, 2020 - Newcastle United 1 vs. Southampton 0
- Dec 08, 2019 - Newcastle United 2 vs. Southampton 1
- Apr 20, 2019 - Newcastle United 3 vs. Southampton 1
- Oct 27, 2018 - Newcastle United 0 vs. Southampton 0
- Mar 10, 2018 - Newcastle United 3 vs. Southampton 0
- Oct 15, 2017 - Newcastle United 2 vs. Southampton 2