The Premier League returns to action on Tuesday.
- Everton @ Newcastle United
- Current Records: Everton 5-11-4; Newcastle United 2-10-9
Craving even more coverage of the world's game? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
What to Know
Everton and Newcastle United have had some time off and are no doubt ready to hit the field. They are meeting up for their first leg of the season at 2:45 p.m. ET on Tuesday at St. James' Park. Everton lost both of their matches to Newcastle last season on scores of 1-2 and 0-2, so they're hoping to turn the tables this season.
Two weeks ago, Everton lost 1-0 to Aston Villa.
Speaking of close games: after constant struggles on the road, the Magpies have finally found some success away from home. They dodged a bullet three weeks ago, finishing off Leeds United 1-0. The score was all tied up at the break nothing to nothing, but Newcastle was the better team in the second half.
Newcastle United's win lifted them to 2-10-9 (19th place with 15 points) while Everton's defeat dropped them down to 5-11-4 (16th place with 19 points). Allowing an average of 2.05 points per game, Newcastle hasn't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming contest.
How To Watch
- Who: Newcastle United vs. Everton
- When: Tuesday at 2:45 p.m. ET
- Where: St. James' Park
- TV: Peacock
- Caesars Sportsbook odds: Newcastle +150; Draw +235; Everton +185
Newcastle United and Everton both have three wins in their last eight games.
- Jan 30, 2021 - Newcastle United 2 vs. Everton 0
- Nov 01, 2020 - Newcastle United 2 vs. Everton 1
- Jan 21, 2020 - Newcastle United 2 vs. Everton 2
- Dec 28, 2019 - Everton 2 vs. Newcastle United 1
- Mar 09, 2019 - Newcastle United 3 vs. Everton 2
- Dec 05, 2018 - Newcastle United 1 vs. Everton 1
- Apr 23, 2018 - Everton 1 vs. Newcastle United 0
- Dec 13, 2017 - Everton 1 vs. Newcastle United 0