Colt McCoy did an admirable job of game management and even got the Giants a much-needed win filling in at quarterback in Week 13. But for Fantasy purposes, we're all glad Daniel Jones is coming back in Week 14, even though Jones himself isn't much more than a second quarterback in a league where you start two. His rushing production makes him more valuable in leagues that only reward four points per pass touchdown, but even there he's just outside the top 20.
What he does do is make Evan Engram a solid starting tight end, Sterling Shepard a decent No. 3 receiver, and Darius Slayton a boom-or-bust flex option. I'd say that he helps Wayne Gallman too, but Gallman hasn't needed help from anyone over the past month.
You may not want to start Jones in your Fantasy playoffs, but his return certainly increases the likelihood you'll start one of his teammates.
More Week 14 help: More Week 14 help: Start 'Em & Hit 'Em | Starts & Sits, Sleepers & Busts | Start 'Em & Sit 'Em: QB | Start 'Em & Sit 'Em: RB | Start 'Em & Sit 'Em: WR | Waiver Wire Priorities | Trade Values | QB Preview | RB Preview | WR Preview | TE Preview | Week 13 Winners | Losers | Believe It Or Not
Week 14 QB Preview
Numbers to know
- 5 -- Rush attempts in less than a half of play in Week 13 for Jalen Hurts. He'll be more valuable in leagues that reward four points per pass touchdown.
- 484 -- Pass attempts for Ben Roethlisberger. Even when they have a lead, the Steelers are extremely pass heavy.
- 5.2 -- Completed air yards per attempt for Deshaun Watson. Even without Will Fuller, he's a must-start quarterback.
- 26% -- More than a quarter of Drew Lock's throws have been rated bad throws per Pro Football Reference.
- 7.8 -- Taysom Hill has averaged 7.8 yards per pass attempt, which ranks in the top half of starting quarterbacks.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets
BUF Buffalo • #10
Age: 27 • Experience: 5 yrs.
What happened to Trubisky last week? The Bears ran for three touchdowns, that's what. They only had two rushing touchdowns for the season entering Week 13. I expect a shootout against Deshaun Watson and the Texans in Week 14.
SEA Seattle • #3
Age: 32 • Experience: 10 yrs.
Wilson has been disappointing lately, but he gets the Jets. We just saw what Derek Carr did to this defense, which has actually been quite good against the run lately. This is a get-right spot for Wilson and the Seattle pass offense.
So who should you start and sit this week? And which surprising quarterback could lead you to victory? Visit SportsLine now to get Week 14 rankings for every position, plus see which QB is going to come out of nowhere to crack the top 10, all from the model that out-performed experts big-time last season.