NBA scores, highlights, results: D'Angelo Russell scores 27 in fourth to lead Nets' comeback win; Warriors beat Wolves
There were six games on the NBA schedule on Tuesday night
There were only six games on Tuesday night, but more than enough excitement.
Things tipped off with the Philadelphia 76ers pulling out a win over the Charlotte Hornets without Joel Embiid, followed by the Warriors bouncing back from a loss to beat the Minnesota Timberwolves to close out their road trip.
Tuesday's highly anticipated matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and Milwaukee Bucks lost a little luster when it was announced that LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo wouldn't play, but it turned out to a be a pretty good game with the Lakers storming back to make things interesting in the fourth quarter.
Later on, D'Angelo Russell went off in the fourth quarter, scoring 27 of his 44 points in the final frame to lead the Nets' 28-point comeback victory over the Kings. Finally, the Clippers held off the Pacers to clinch an eighth consecutive winning season.
Here's everything you need to know about Tuesday's NBA action, along with Wednesday's schedule.
NBA scores for Tuesday, March 19
- Philadelphia 76ers 118, Charlotte Hornets 114 (Box Score)
- Houston Rockets 121, Atlanta Hawks 105 (Box Score)
- Golden State Warriors 117, Minnesota Timberwolves 107 (Box Score)
- Milwaukee Bucks 115, Los Angeles Lakers 101 (Box Score)
- Brooklyn Nets 123, Sacramento Kings 121 (Box Score)
- Los Angeles Clippers 115, Indiana Pacers 109 (Box Score)
NBA scores for Wednesday, March 20
*All times Eastern
- New Orleans Pelicans at Orlando Magic, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Boston Celtics at Philadelphia 76ers, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: ESPN
- Milwaukee Bucks at Cleveland Cavaliers, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Utah Jazz at New York Knicks, 7:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Washington Wizards at Chicago Bulls, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Houston Rockets at Memphis Grizzlies, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs, 8:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Toronto Raptors at Oklahoma City Thunder, 9 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: ESPN
- Dallas Mavericks at Portland Trail Blazers, 10 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
Russell goes for 27 in fourth quarter to lead Nets' 28-point comeback
D'Angelo Russell put together one of the best performances of the NBA season on Tuesday night to lead the Nets to a 28-point comeback win over the Kings. Russell finished with a career-high 44 points on the night, and remarkably scored 27 of them in the fourth quarter alone. After Russell led the Nets back, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson scored the game-winner with 0.8 seconds left.
Steph drops eight 3s, 36 points on Wolves
Steph Curry had his 3-point shot working on Tuesday night, and that was bad news for the Wolves. Curry rained in eight 3-pointers en route to a 36-point night that helped the Warriors get back to their winning ways after a loss to the Spurs over the weekend.
Beverley puts Bogdanovic on the deck to seal Clips' win
Patrick Beverley sealed the Clippers' victory over the Pacers on Tuesday night with a high-arcing floater in the closing seconds. But the real highlight of the play was not the shot, but his move on the perimeter that dropped Bojan Bogdanovic.
Middleton's big night leads Bucks past Lakers
Both Giannis Antetokounmpo and LeBron James sat out on Tuesday night, which was a bit of a bummer for the fans. But as a consolation prize, they did get to see Khris Middleton go off. The swingman put up 30 points, 10 rebounds and five assists to lead the Bucks to victory.
Redick nearly gets triple-double
With Joel Embiid out, JJ Redick had no trouble picking up the scoring load. The sharpshooter scored 27 points on 7-of-14 3-point shooting, and also filled up the stat sheet with 10 rebounds and eight assists.
Harden confuses Bazemore
KAT drops the hammer
Karl-Anthony Towns is a very large man, so athletic moves like this make him almost impossible to defend.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Houston is up 2-0 on Utah and, barring something crazy, should be heading to the second round...
Simmons had an answer for Dudley in a strong Game 3 performance
There were three big games on the schedule for Thursday night
Get the complete schedule for the first round of the NBA playoffs, along with viewing info...
A look at every series in the opening round of the playoffs
The No. 1 seed Warriors bounced back from a tough loss in a big way in Game 3