After a gold medal-less start through the first six days of the 2022 Beijing Olympics, Team USA got on the board thanks to wins from snowboarder Chloe Kim and figure skater Nathan Chen. Day 9 of the Games features four medal events, giving the Americans a significant opportunity to climb the leaderboard.
Three-time gold medalist Shaun White, who's retiring from competitive snowboarding after these Games, competed in his last ever men's halfpipe final on Thursday. The 35-year-old placed fourth with a best score of 85.00. Japan's Ayumu Hirano, Australia's Scotty James and Switzerland's Jan Scherrer won gold, silver and bronze, respectively. Also, Mikaela Shiffrin competed in the women's super-G. While she completed an event for the first time at the 2022 Winter Games, Shiffrin finished in ninth place.
Now, for Day 9 of the Olympics, here's what to expect.
Team USA schedule -- Friday, Feb. 11
- Women's curling round robin, USA vs. China - 1 a.m.
- Men's cross country skiing 15km final - 2 a.m.
- Men's speed skating 10,000m final - 3 a.m.
- Women's speed skating 1,000m final - 7:30 a.m.
- Men's skeleton final - 8:55 a.m.
- Snowboarding cross mixed team final - 9 p.m.
- Women's hockey quarterfinal, USA vs. Czech Republic - 11p.m.