San Francisco @ Seattle
Current Records: San Francisco 6-5; Seattle 3-8
What to Know
The Seattle Seahawks are 9-2 against the San Francisco 49ers since September of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. Seattle and San Francisco will face off in an NFC West battle at 4:25 p.m. ET at Lumen Field. The 49ers should still be riding high after a victory, while Seattle will be looking to right the ship.
It was all tied up 9-9 at halftime, but Seattle was not quite the Washington Football Team's equal in the second half when they met last week. It was a hard-fought game, but Seattle had to settle for a 17-15 defeat against Washington. Despite the loss, the Seahawks got a solid performance out of QB Russell Wilson, who passed for two TDs and 247 yards on 31 attempts. Wilson ended up with a passer rating of 152.70.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 14-14 at the half for the 49ers and the Minnesota Vikings last week, but San Francisco stepped up in the second half for a 34-26 win. San Francisco relied on the efforts of RB Elijah Mitchell, who rushed for one TD and 133 yards on 27 carries, and WR Deebo Samuel, who punched in two rushing touchdowns.
Seattle is expected to lose this next one by 3.5. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past three games.
Seattle is now 3-8 while San Francisco sits at 6-5. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Seattle comes into the matchup boasting the second fewest thrown interceptions in the league at four. As for the 49ers, they enter the contest with 14 forced fumbles, good for second best in the NFL.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Lumen Field -- Seattle, Washington
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $80.00
The 49ers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Seahawks, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Seattle have won 11 out of their last 13 games against San Francisco.
- Oct 03, 2021 - Seattle 28 vs. San Francisco 21
- Jan 03, 2021 - Seattle 26 vs. San Francisco 23
- Nov 01, 2020 - Seattle 37 vs. San Francisco 27
- Dec 29, 2019 - San Francisco 26 vs. Seattle 21
- Nov 11, 2019 - Seattle 27 vs. San Francisco 24
- Dec 16, 2018 - San Francisco 26 vs. Seattle 23
- Dec 02, 2018 - Seattle 43 vs. San Francisco 16
- Nov 26, 2017 - Seattle 24 vs. San Francisco 13
- Sep 17, 2017 - Seattle 12 vs. San Francisco 9
- Jan 01, 2017 - Seattle 25 vs. San Francisco 23
- Sep 25, 2016 - Seattle 37 vs. San Francisco 18
- Nov 22, 2015 - Seattle 29 vs. San Francisco 13
- Oct 22, 2015 - Seattle 20 vs. San Francisco 3