Los Angeles @ Denver
Current Records: Los Angeles 6-4; Denver 5-5
What to Know
The Los Angeles Chargers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. The Chargers and the Denver Broncos will face off in an AFC West battle at 4:05 p.m. ET Sunday at Empower Field at Mile High. The teams split their matchups last year, with Denver winning the first 31-30 at home and Los Angeles taking the second 19-16.
Los Angeles outgained the Pittsburgh Steelers 533 yards to 300, but you wouldn't know that from the score. Los Angeles managed a 41-37 victory over Pittsburgh last week. Los Angeles can attribute much of their success to RB Austin Ekeler, who punched in two rushing touchdowns in addition to snatching two receiving TDs, and QB Justin Herbert, who passed for three TDs and 382 yards on 41 attempts in addition to picking up 90 yards on the ground. Near the top of the highlight reel was Herbert's 53-yard TD bomb to WR Mike Williams in the fourth quarter.
Meanwhile, the Broncos might not have won anyway, but with 113 yards lost due to penalties, they really shot themselves in the foot two weeks ago. They took a 30-13 bruising from the Philadelphia Eagles. Denver's only offensive touchdown came from RB Melvin Gordon.
This next game is expected to be close, with Los Angeles going off at just a 2.5-point favorite. But bettors beware: they are only 2-4 against the spread when favored.
Los Angeles' win brought them up to 6-4 while Denver's loss pulled them down to 5-5. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: The Chargers are stumbling into the contest with the most rushing yards allowed per game in the NFL, having given up 145.1 on average. The Broncos' defense has more to brag about, as they they rank third in the league when it comes to touchdowns allowed, with only 19 on the season.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:05 p.m. ET
- Where: Empower Field at Mile High -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $73.74
The Chargers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Chargers as a 1.5-point favorite.
Denver have won eight out of their last 12 games against Los Angeles.
- Dec 27, 2020 - Los Angeles 19 vs. Denver 16
- Nov 01, 2020 - Denver 31 vs. Los Angeles 30
- Dec 01, 2019 - Denver 23 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Oct 06, 2019 - Denver 20 vs. Los Angeles 13
- Dec 30, 2018 - Los Angeles 23 vs. Denver 9
- Nov 18, 2018 - Denver 23 vs. Los Angeles 22
- Oct 22, 2017 - Los Angeles 21 vs. Denver 0
- Sep 11, 2017 - Denver 24 vs. Los Angeles 21
- Oct 30, 2016 - Denver 27 vs. Los Angeles 19
- Oct 13, 2016 - Los Angeles 21 vs. Denver 13
- Jan 03, 2016 - Denver 27 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Dec 06, 2015 - Denver 17 vs. Los Angeles 3