Chicago @ Detroit
Current Records: Chicago 3-7; Detroit 0-9-1
What to Know
The Detroit Lions will be returning home after a two-game road trip. Detroit and the Chicago Bears will face off in an NFC North battle at 12:30 p.m. ET on Thursday at Ford Field. Both teams are out to turn their luck around after having lost tight contests in their previous games.
It was close but no cigar for the Lions as they fell 13-10 to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Despite the defeat, Detroit got a solid performance out of RB D'Andre Swift, who rushed for one TD and 136 yards on 14 carries. That touchdown -- a 57-yard rush in the third quarter -- was one of the highlights of the game.
Speaking of close games: it was a hard-fought matchup, but Chicago had to settle for a 16-13 loss against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. Despite their loss, Chicago got to see several of their players rise to the challenge and make noteworthy plays. WR Darnell Mooney, who caught five passes for one TD and 121 yards, was the best among equals. Near the top of the highlight reel was Andy Dalton's 60-yard TD bomb to Mooney in the third quarter.
Detroit is now 0-9-1 while the Bears sit at 3-7. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Lions are second worst in the league in rushing yards allowed per game, with 140.5 on average. Chicago's defense has more to brag about, as they they rank first in the NFL when it comes to sacks, with 31 on the season.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 12:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Ford Field -- Detroit, Michigan
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Chicago have won seven out of their last 13 games against Detroit.
- Oct 03, 2021 - Chicago 24 vs. Detroit 14
- Dec 06, 2020 - Detroit 34 vs. Chicago 30
- Sep 13, 2020 - Chicago 27 vs. Detroit 23
- Nov 28, 2019 - Chicago 24 vs. Detroit 20
- Nov 10, 2019 - Chicago 20 vs. Detroit 13
- Nov 22, 2018 - Chicago 23 vs. Detroit 16
- Nov 11, 2018 - Chicago 34 vs. Detroit 22
- Dec 16, 2017 - Detroit 20 vs. Chicago 10
- Nov 19, 2017 - Detroit 27 vs. Chicago 24
- Dec 11, 2016 - Detroit 20 vs. Chicago 17
- Oct 02, 2016 - Chicago 17 vs. Detroit 14
- Jan 03, 2016 - Detroit 24 vs. Chicago 20
- Oct 18, 2015 - Detroit 37 vs. Chicago 34