Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Current Records: Cleveland 7-8; Pittsburgh 7-7-1
What to Know
The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cleveland Browns will face off in an AFC North clash at 8:15 p.m. ET Jan. 3 at Heinz Field. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
Last week, Pittsburgh got maybe a little too into the holiday spirit, gifting the Kansas City Chiefs an easy 36-10 win. The Steelers were in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 23 to nothing. QB Ben Roethlisberger had a memorable game, but not in the way you want to be remembered: despite one touchdown, he threw one interception and fumbled the ball once with only 4.54 yards per passing attempt.
Meanwhile, Cleveland was first on the board but had to settle for second at the end of their contest against the Green Bay Packers last week. Cleveland fell just short of Green Bay by a score of 24-22. Despite the defeat, Cleveland got a solid performance out of RB Nick Chubb, who rushed for one TD and 126 yards on 17 carries.
The losses put the Browns at 7-8 and the Steelers at 7-7-1. Cleveland has been eliminated from playoff contention. Pittsburgh is still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next two games are critical for them.
This next game is expected to be close, with Pittsburgh going off at just a 2-point favorite. But bettors beware: they are only 1-5 against the spread when favored.
Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Steelers are second worst in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game, with 142.7 on average. Cleveland's offense has more to brag about, as they they rank third in the league when it comes to rushing yards per game, with 144.9 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Where: Heinz Field -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $92.94
The Steelers are a slight 2-point favorite against the Browns, according to the latest NFL odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Browns as a 3-point favorite.
Pittsburgh have won ten out of their last 14 games against Cleveland.
- Oct 31, 2021 - Pittsburgh 15 vs. Cleveland 10
- Jan 10, 2021 - Cleveland 48 vs. Pittsburgh 37
- Jan 03, 2021 - Cleveland 24 vs. Pittsburgh 22
- Oct 18, 2020 - Pittsburgh 38 vs. Cleveland 7
- Dec 01, 2019 - Pittsburgh 20 vs. Cleveland 13
- Nov 14, 2019 - Cleveland 21 vs. Pittsburgh 7
- Oct 28, 2018 - Pittsburgh 33 vs. Cleveland 18
- Sep 09, 2018 - Pittsburgh 21 vs. Cleveland 21
- Dec 31, 2017 - Pittsburgh 28 vs. Cleveland 24
- Sep 10, 2017 - Pittsburgh 21 vs. Cleveland 18
- Jan 01, 2017 - Pittsburgh 27 vs. Cleveland 24
- Nov 20, 2016 - Pittsburgh 24 vs. Cleveland 9
- Jan 03, 2016 - Pittsburgh 28 vs. Cleveland 12
- Nov 15, 2015 - Pittsburgh 30 vs. Cleveland 9