Week 3 of the 2021 college football season has entered its final stretch and Saturday's schedule features plenty of intriguing games, including a rematch of last season's SEC Championship Game, a prime time nonconference matchup that will separate a contender from a pretender and plenty of other enticing games.
No. 1 Alabama went to Gainesville, Florida, and survived No. 11 Florida in a battle between high-powered offenses. The Gators haven't topped the Crimson Tide since 2008, when they claimed the SEC title en route to the national championship under former coach Urban Meyer. Meanwhile, the new-look Alabama offense will hit the road for the first time. Sophomore quarterback Bryce Young was brilliant despite a raucous crowd of The Swamp in the background.
Later in the evening, No. 22 Auburn will head north to square off against No. 10 Penn State in the annual white out game in Happy Valley. The Tigers have scored at least 60 points in their first two games while the Nittany Lions already have a signature win over No. 18 Wisconsin on their resume.
But there's more action throughout the day than just those two games. Here's a handy viewer's guide to help you navigate through the action, so get your remote ready.
All times eastern
The big games
No. 1 Alabama at No. 11 Florida -- 3:30 p.m. on CBS, CBSSports.com, CBS Sports App (Free): Florida coach Dan Mullen has to make a decision on his starting quarterback. Veteran Emory Jones has struggled at times early in the season while Anthony Richardson emerged as a capable threat. Whoever starts for the Gators will be facing off against one of the best defenses that coach Nick Saban has ever had at Alabama.
No. 22 Auburn at No. 10 Penn State -- 7:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free): The buzz around Beaver Stadium will be palpable all afternoon, and the crowd will surely be roaring by the time toe meets leather. This is the Tigers' first road game of 2021, and they'll be facing a Nittany Lions defense looking to rattle junior signal-caller Bo Nix.
Nebraska at No. 3 Oklahoma -- noon on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): The revival of this once-great rivalry between the Cornhuskers and Sooners comes on the 50-year anniversary of the "Game of the Century." Though the Cornhuskers have been an embarrassment so far, they will have an upset in mind against a Sooners team with national title aspirations. This is a big stage for Heisman Trophy contender Spencer Rattler.
Other big games
No. 19 Arizona State at No. 23 BYU -- 10:15 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free): The Sun Devils and Cougars will tee it up in a late-night kick in Provo that should provide a good gauge on where both teams stand. BYU knocked off rival Utah last week while Arizona State cruised past UNLV. Expect this one to get wild.
Fresno State at No. 13 UCLA -- 10:45 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks, fuboTV (Try for free): The Bruins are off to a hot start, but the Bulldogs could spring the upset if Chip Kelly's crew isn't careful. Keep an eye on this UCLA rushing attack, led by Michigan transfer Zach Charbonnet. It's been one of the early surprises of the 2021 season.
Purdue at No. 12 Notre Dame -- 2:30 p.m. on NBC, fuboTV (Try for free): The Fighting Irish dropped four spots in the AP Top 25 after escaping the clutches of Toledo last week, marking the second straight nail-biter for Brian Kelly's crew. Are they really playoff-caliber or playing with fire? That answer will likely be answered by a defense that needs to tighten up.
Best of the rest
- South Carolina at No. 2 Georgia -- 7 p.m on ESPN
- Stony Brook at No. 4 Oregon -- 7:30 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- Kent State at No. 5 Iowa -- 3:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- Georgia Tech at No. 6 Clemson -- 3:30 p.m. on ABC
- New Mexico at No. 7 Texas A&M -- noon on SEC Network
- No. 8 Cincinnati at Indiana -- noon on ESPN
- Tulsa at No. 9 Ohio State -- 3:30 p.m. on FS1
- No. 14 Iowa State at UNLV -- 10:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network
- No. 15 Virginia Tech at West Virginia -- noon on FS1
- No. 16 Coastal Carolina at Buffalo -- noon on ESPN2
- Tulane at No. 17 Ole Miss -- 8 p.m. on ESPN2
- Georgia Southern at No. 20 Arkansas -- 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- Virginia at No. 21 North Carolina -- 7:30 p.m. on ACC Network
- Michigan State at No. 24 Miami -- noon on ABC
- Northern Illinois at No. 25 Michigan -- noon on Big Ten Network
- UConn at Army -- noon on CBS Sports Netowork
- SMU at Louisiana Tech -- 3:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network
- Utah at San Diego State -- 7 p.m. on CBS Sports Network