This is it. We are down to the final day of the MLS regular season. Four playoff spots are still up for grabs. Here's what to know.
Qualified for playoffs:
- New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC
- Toronto FC
- D.C. United
- Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas*
- Colorado Rapids*
- L.A. Galaxy
Eliminated from playoff contention:
- Chicago Fire
- Columbus Crew
- Orlando City
- Houston Dynamo
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes
Teams still alive and their scenarios:
Eastern Conference (one spot left)
- New England Revolution: Need win vs. Montreal AND Philadelphia loss vs. NY Red Bulls AND margin of victory plus margin of Philly defeat be 13 goals or greater.
- Philadelphia Union: Win or draw vs. NYRB OR New England draw or lose OR Philly lose vs. NYRB AND New England win vs. Montreal AND margin of New England victory plus margin of Philly defeat does not exceed 11 goals.
Western Conference (three spots left)
- Portland Timbers: Win vs. Vancouver OR draw vs. Vancouver and Sporting KC lose vs. San Jose OR lose vs. Vancouver and Sporting KC lose vs. San Jose by two or more goals.
- Real Salt Lake: Win or draw vs. Seattle OR Sporting KC lose or draw vs. San Jose OR Portland lose or draw vs. Vancouver.
- Seattle Sounders: Win vs. Real Salt Lake OR Sporting KC lose vs. San Jose OR Portland lose or draw vs. Vancouver.
- Sporting Kansas City: Win vs. San Jose OR draw AND Portland lose or draw vs. Vancouver OR Portland lose vs. Vancouver and Sporting KC lose by same margin or fewer.