This weekend's Premier League action begins on Friday.
- Norwich City @ Southampton
- Current Records: Norwich City 4-16-5; Southampton 7-7-11
What to Know
Norwich City is headed to St. Mary's Stadium to take on Southampton with hopes of sweeping the series. They will face off against one another at 3 p.m. ET on Friday. Norwich is hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 2.12 goals per match.
It was all tied up nothing to nothing at halftime, but the Canaries were not quite Liverpool's equal in the second half when they met this past Saturday. Norwich fell to the Reds 3-1.
Meanwhile, Southampton got themselves on the board against Everton this past Saturday, but Everton never followed suit. Southampton was able to grind out a solid victory over Everton, winning 2-0. The score was all tied up at the break nothing to nothing, but Southampton was the better team in the second half.
Norwich got away with a 2-1 win in the teams' previous meeting last November. The rematch might be a little tougher for them since the team won't have home-field advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
Craving even more coverage of the world's game? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
How To Watch
- Who: Southampton vs. Norwich City
- When: Friday at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: St. Mary's Stadium
- TV: USA Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (free trial)
- Caesars Sportsbook odds: Southampton -180; Draw +310; Norwich +500
Southampton have won two out of their last three games against Norwich City.
- Nov 20, 2021 - Norwich City 2 vs. Southampton 1
- Jun 19, 2020 - Southampton 3 vs. Norwich City 0
- Dec 04, 2019 - Southampton 2 vs. Norwich City 1