On Tuesday, Mookie Betts announced on Instagram that his girlfriend Brianna Hammond gave birth to a baby girl. The Red Sox outfielder was given another reason to celebrate, becoming a dad just nine days after winning the World Series.
"Never knew what unconditional love meant or how it felt until I met this little princess," he captioned the Instagram post.
Dating back to the Red Sox's World Series win on Oct. 28, Betts has had a crazy couple of days. Here's what the last nine days have looked like for Betts:
- Oct. 28: Wins the 2018 World Series over the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Oct. 31: Celebrates the victory during
- Nov. 4: Wins the third straight of his five-year career
- Nov. 5: Nominated for the
- Nov. 6: Announces the birth of his baby girl
The craziest part is that Betts' 2018 still has potential to become even more exciting since he is the favorite to win the AL MVP award. MLB will announce award winners next week.