The first opportunity for high school prospects to lock up scholarships and formally sign National Letters of Intent began Wednesday morning. While the early signing period lasts through Friday, a bulk of the recruits put pen to paper today. As we've learned over the last two years, 75-80 percent of the top players in the nation will make their college decisions early.
In other words, the early signing period shapes the way the Class of 2020 will look across the country come February, particularly for some of the nation's top teams. Indeed, blue-blood programs like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State and Oregon came away as big winners on Wednesday.
CBS Sports and 247Sports were here all day to provide updates on the biggest names who signed (see below for individual stories). Additionally, you can scan through our live blog for all the details from our group of recruiting and college football experts on a busy signing day that you may have missed.
Signing Day: Crystal Ball|
Top 100 announcements
- (Fort Lauderdale, FL) -- Signed with LSU
- (Buford, GA) -- Signed with LSU
- (Dallas) -- Swigned with Stanford
- (Washington D.C.) -- Flipped to Maryland from LSU
- (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) -- Signed with Ohio State
- (Lakeland, FL) -- Signed with Georgia
- (Upland, CA) -- Signed with Oregon
- (Columbia, SC) -- Committed to South Carolina
What big-time recruits are headed to your favorite school? Visit 247Sports.com to see how your team's future will be changed forever. Their recruiting analysts are on the ground right now for the Early Signing Period. Join today and get your first month for only $1!