Marc-Andre Fleury, James Neal, Marc Methot highlight Vegas' expansion draft picks
T-Mobile Arena goes wild as it celebrates the unveiling of the Golden Knights' first full roster
Now they have their players.
Among the team's picks, which came from each of the NHL's other 30 teams by way of lists of unprotected veterans, were longtime Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, Nashville Predators forward James Neal and Ottawa Senators defenseman Marc Methot.
David Clarkson, Reilly Smith, Shea Theodore, Alex Tuch, Mikhail Grabovski, Jake Bischoff and at least 10 different future draft picks also landed in Vegas as part of separate trades executed by Golden Knights general manager George McPhee.
In order of selection in between the NHL's handout of awards, here are all 30 of the Golden Knights' expansion draft selections:
- G Calvin Pickard, Colorado Avalanche
- D Luca Sbisa, Vancouver Canucks
- F Teemu Pulkkinen, Arizona Coyotes
- D Jon Merrill, New Jersey Devils
- F William Carrier, Buffalo Sabres
- F Tomas Nosek, Detroit Red Wings
- F Cody Eakin, Dallas Stars
- F Jonathan Marchessault, Florida Panthers
- D Brayden McNabb, Los Angeles Kings
- F Connor Brickley, Carolina Hurricanes
- F Chris Thorburn, Winnipeg Jets
- F Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Philadelphia Flyers
- D Jason Garrison, Tampa Bay Lightning
- G Jean-Francois Berube, New York Islanders
- F James Neal, Nashville Predators
- D Deryk Engelland, Calgary Flames
- F Brendan Leipsic, Toronto Maple Leafs
- D Colin Miller, Boston Bruins
- D Marc Methot, Ottawa Senators
- D David Schlemko, San Jose Sharks
- F David Perron, St. Louis Blues
- F Oscar Lindberg, New York Rangers
- D Griffin Reinhart, Edmonton Oilers
- D Alexei Emelin, Montreal Canadiens
- D Clayton Stoner, Anaheim Ducks
- F Erik Haula, Minnesota WIld
- F William Karlsson, Columbus Blue Jackets
- D Trevor van Riemsdyk, Chicago Blackhawks
- G Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins
- D Nate Schmidt, Washington Capitals
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Uh, well, this was insanely lucky
The decision saves Wilson over $378,000 in lost salary
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with almost $2 million in career winnings, gives optimal...
'If I was that young man, I would have been there September 15'
This is Benn's second major tilt of the year
The league and more than 100 former players tentatively agreed to a concussion settlement on...