UFC 276 was nearly a perfect sweep for City Kickboxing. The gym based out of New Zealand brought two champions to the PPV event in Las Vegas on Saturday night and both walked away with their titles in tact.
Middleweight king Israel Adesanya retained his crown with a decisive win over Jared Cannonier in the main event. Adesanya disciplined Cannonier with his lightning quick strikes and kept the heavy-hitting challenger at bay for most of the night.
Plus, featherweight titleholder Alexander Volkanovski completed his trilogy with Max Holloway by putting on his best performance to date. Volkanovski swept the judges' scorecards after battering his opponent and opening up a nasty gash over his left eye. Volkanovski, now on a 22-fight win streak, seems to have his eye on a potential lightweight title shot next.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including instant analysis of UFC 276 at the conclusion of the PPV event.
CBS Sports was with you throughout fight week with the latest news, in-depth features and betting advice to consider. Thanks for stopping by and we'll see you at UFC 277 in Dallas.
UFC 276 fight card, results
- Israel Adesanya (c) def. Jared Cannonier via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 50-45)
- via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- via first-round TKO (punches)
- Bryan Barberena def. Robbie Lawler via second-round TKO (punches)
- ends in no contest due to eye poke
- Jalin Turner def. Brad Riddell via first-round submission (guillotine choke)
- via second-round submission (guillotine choke)
- Ian Garry def. Gabriel Green via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Dricus Du Plessis def. Brad Tavares via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Andre Muniz def. Uriah Hall via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maycee Barber def. Jessica Eye via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Julija Stoliarenko def. Jessica Rose-Clark via first-round submission (armbar)
UFC 276 countdown
- for entrance at UFC 276
- Campbell: in Las Vegas