UFC 260 delivered in ways unimaginable heading in. A new heavyweight champion was crowned as Francis Ngannou brutalized Stipe Miocic to claim the belt that eluded him three years ago. Ngannou continued his nasty run of knockouts with a fifth straight, and this may have been the most violent yet.
Plus, Vicente Luque and Tyron Woodley threw down in a back-and-forth battle that last just over three minutes, but was good enough to earn Fight of the Night honors. And rising bantamweight star Sean O'Malley returned to form with a brutal third-round knockout of Thomas Almeida.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news.
Even more went down in Las Vegas on Saturday night, so be sure to check out our complete coverage from the event below with results, highlights and much more. Thanks for staying with us all week long for continuing coverage of UFC 260.
UFC 260 fight card, results
- Francis Ngannou (c) def. Stipe Miocic via second-round TKO (punches)
- Vicente Luque def. Tyron Woodley via first-round submission (D'Arce choke)
- Sean O'Malley def. Thomas Almeida via third-round knockout (punch)
- Miranda Maverick def. Gillian Robertson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Jamie Mullarkey def. Khama Worthy via first-round knockout (punch)
- Alonzo Menifield def. Fabio Cherant via first-round submission (von Flue choke)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov def. Jared Gooden via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Michał Oleksiejczuk def. Modestas Bukauskas via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Omar Morales def. Shane Young via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Marc-Andre Barriault def. Abu Azaitar via third-round TKO (punches)
- UFC hands out Performance of the Night bonuses
- Dana White responds to Jon Jones' call for title shot against Francis Ngannou
UFC 260 countdown
- UFC 260 predictions: CBS Sports staff make their expert picks
- Brookhouse: Three best bets to make on the main card
- Campbell: Ngannou must evolve to get past Miocic for heavyweight crown
- Brookhouse: Breaking down the UFC 260 main card
- Campbell: Five biggest storylines to follow in Las Vegas
- Volkanovski vs. Ortega called off due to COVID-19 protocols
- Usman to corner Ngannou for rematch against Miocic