It may be just Week 1 of the 2023 season, but there is a lot of injury news NFL fans are monitoring. The tight end position, in particular, has been hit hard this week, with Travis Kelce missing Thursday night's season opener and Mark Andrews expected to miss Sunday's game. George Kittle is currently dealing with an injury that could sideline him for the NFL's opening weekend. Kittle that has put his status for the 49ers' season opener in Pittsburgh in jeopardy, while Giants tight end for their opener against the Cowboys with a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, on the defensive side of the ball, Washington will be without Chase Young on Sunday and.
We'll dig further into each of those situations as the final injury reports are coming in around the league -- while also looking at each NFL team's current injury situation entering Week 1, starting with the NFL's opening game.
All odds via SportsLine consensus.
49ers (-2.5) at Steelers
- 49ers: TE George Kittle (groin), CB Charvarius Ward (heel) QUESTIONABLE
- Steelers: DT Larry Ogunjobi (foot) QUESTIONABLE
The biggest name to watch here is Kittle, who has been dealing with an adductor strain since Aug. 10. The injujry caused concern from GM John Lynch, but Kittleand is "excited to play football on Sunday." Of course his word is not final, and the questionable status remains.
Buccaneers at Vikings (-5.5)
- Vikings: DE Marcus Davenport (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
- Buccaneers: DL Calijah Kancey (calf), G Cody Mauch (back) QUESTIONABLE
For the Vikings, Davenport was a late addition to the injury report after being a limited participant in practice Friday. Everyone else is good to go for Minnesota.
Cardinals at Commanders (-7)
- Cardinals: OL Kelvin Beachum (hand) OUT, WR Marquise Brown (hamstring), TE Zach Ertz (knee) QUESTIONABLE
- Commanders: DE Chase Young (neck) OUT, DE James Smith-Williams (oblique) QUESTIONABLE
The Cardinals will already be without starting quarterback Kyler Murray, who is still recovering from a torn ACL last season, and now two of their top pass-catchers are not 100% going into the game.
The good news for the Commanders is wide receiver Terry McLaurin was . The bad news is that Young has been downgraded from questionable to OUT for Sunday. The Athletic reports that the former Defensive Rookie of the Year is expected to miss additional games as well.
- Titans: LB Harold Landry (hamstring), T Dillon Radunz (knee) QUESTIONABLE; CB Tre Avery (hamstring) OUT
- Saints: RB Kendre Miller (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE; WR Tre'Quan Smith (groin), S J.T. Gray (shoulder) OUT
The three players on the Saints injury report above all did not practice all week.
Avery was downgraded from limited practice on Wednesday and Thursday to a non-participant on Friday, before being ruled out for Sunday.
- Panthers: WR DJ Chark (hamstring) OUT; WR Adam Thielen (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
- Falcons: CB Jeff Okudah (foot) OUT; JOKER Cordarrelle Patterson (thigh), WR KhaDarel Hodge (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
Chark tried to give it a go prior to Sunday, as he was limited in Friday's practice. The Panthers decided to give him a week to rest up, while Thielen was limited after missing Thursday's practice. Per NFL Media, Thielen will play on Sunday despite being listed as questionable.
Patterson has been limited all week with the thigh injury, appearing to be a game-time decision for the Falcons (if you're wondering why he's listed as "Joker"). Hodge was a full participant in Friday's practice, so it appears he'll play Sunday.
- Jaguars: DL Tyler Lacy (hip), S Antonio Johnson (hamstring) OUT
- Colts: RB Zach Moss (forearm) QUESTIONABLE
- Texans: RB Dare Ogunbowale (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE, LB Blake Cashman (hamstring), WR John Metchie III (hamstring), SAF Jimmie Ward (hip) OUT
- Ravens: TE Mark Andrews (quad) QUESTIONABLE, CB Marlon Humphrey (foot) OUT
The Ravens new star wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has been on the injury report (limited in practice Thursday), but was a full participant Friday. He is expected to make his Ravens debut this weekend.
- Packers: WR Christian Watson (hamstring) OUT, WR Romeo Doubs (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
- Bears: LB Dylan Cole (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
Jordan Love won't have his top wide receiver for Sunday's showdown with the Bears, as head coach Matt LaFleur has ruled out Watson. Doubs is officially listed as questionable and was limited in practice Thursday.
For the Bears, Cole was limited in Friday's practice after missing Wednesday and Thursday with a hamstring injury. He's likely a game-time decision. Safety Jaquan Brisker (groin), safety Eddie Jackson (ankle) and defensive end DeMarcus Walker (calf) were limited participants earlier in the week, but were all full participants Friday.
- Dolphins: CB Justin Bethel (knee) QUESTIONABLE; T Terron Armstead (back/ankle/knee), DB Elijah Campbell (knee) OUT
- Chargers: LB Daiyan Henley (hamstring), OLB Chris Rumph III (hamstring) DOUBTFUL
- Patriots: CB Jack Jones (hamstring) OUT
- Eagles: No injuries
Patriots cornerback Jack Jones is out with a hamstring injury he suffered at practice Wednesday and was the only New England player to sit out of Thursday's practice.
- Rams: QB Stetson Bennett (right shoulder), WR Cooper Kupp (hamstring), TE Hunter Long (thigh) OUT
- Seahawks: G Damien Lewis (injury), CB Devon Witherspoon (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE; RB Kenny McIntosh (knee/hamstring), S Jamal Adams (knee) OUT
- Raiders: WR DeAndre Carter (knee) QUESTIONABLE, CB Brandon Facyson (shin), DE Chandler Jones (non-injury, personal) OUT
- Broncos: WR Jerry Jeudy (hamstring), CB Riley Moss (abdomen) QUESTIONABLE
Carter, who is coming off a career-best season in 2022, was limited in practice all week and is questionable
Jeudy and Moss were both limited in practice Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Jeudy was quarterback Russell Wilson's best target last year, as the wide receiver ended with the most yards, receptions and touchdowns on the team.
- Giants: WR Wan'Dale Robinson (knee), S Gervarrius Owens (hamstring), CB Cor'Dale Flott (hamstring) DOUBTFUL; TE Darren Waller (hamstring), DL D.J. Davidson (knee), LB Cam Brown (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
- Cowboys: OL Tyler Smith (hamstring), S Donovan Smith (calf) DOUBTFUL; OT Tyron Smith (ankle), DE Sam Williams (foot) QUESTIONABLE
Waller was a late addition to the injury report after being limited with a hamstring injury suffered in Friday's practice. He'll likely be a game-time decision for Sunday. All of the other Giants on the injury report were limited Friday.
Tyler Smith, who was injured Monday, returned to the practice field Friday and took part in a simulated game. Tyron Smith took part in practice Friday. His game status will be determined by Saturday's walkthrough.
- Bills: NONE
- Jets: OT Mekhi Becton (knee, illness), OT Duane Brown (shoulder), RB Breece Hall (knee) QUESTIONABLE
For the Bills, safety Micah Hyde returned to practice this week after missing some time with a sore back. He has no injury designation for Week 1, and is ready to roll.
The Jets have a couple of banged-up offensive tackles in Becton and Brown, but the good news is that they both were full participants in practice on Saturday. The same goes for Hall, who was limited on Thursday and Friday with his knee. Per ESPN, if appears all three players are ready to play Monday night.