2019 MLB All-Star Game rosters: Full American and National League teams, starters, pitchers, reserves
These are your 2019 American League and National League All-Stars
The 2019 Major League Baseball All-Star Game is scheduled for Tuesday, July 9 in Cleveland. On June 30, MLB revealed full rosters for the 90th Midsummer Classic, and injury replacements were added in the week leading up to the game. The Home Run Derby was Monday night and things officially got started Sunday, July 7 with the Futures Game ( ).
Here are the full 2019 All-Star Game rosters. Be sure to refresh this page as replacement players are named in the coming days.
Willson Contreras CHC C
Freddie Freeman ATL 1B
Ketel Marte ARI 2B
Javier Baez CHC SS
Nolan Arenado COL 3B
Christian Yelich MIL RF
Cody Bellinger LAD RF
Ronald Acuna ATL CF
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts selected Josh Bell (Pirates) to start as the National League's DH.
National League Reserves
C - Yasmani Grandal, Brewers
C - J.T. Realmuto, Phillies
1B - Pete Alonso, Mets
2B - Jeff McNeil, Mets
2B - Mike Moustakas, Brewers
SS - Paul DeJong, Cardinals
SS - Trevor Story, Rockies
3B - Anthony Rendon, Nationals
3B - Kris Bryant, Cubs
OF - David Dahl, Rockies
OF - Charlie Blackmon, Rockies
3B - Max Muncy, Dodgers (replaces Rendon)
National League Pitchers
SP - Mike Soroka, Braves
SP - Jacob deGrom, Mets
SP - Max Scherzer, Nationals
SP - Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
SP - Hyun-jin Ryu, Dodgers
SP - Walker Buehler, Dodgers
SP - Zack Greinke, Diamondbacks
SP - Luis Castillo, Reds
SP - Sandy Alcantara, Marlins
RP - Will Smith, Giants
RP - Kirby Yates, Padres
RP - Josh Hader, Brewers
RP - Felipe Vazquez (replaces Grienke)
SP - Brandon Woodruff (replaces Hader)
SP - Sonny Gray (replaces Scherzer)
Gary Sanchez NYY C
Carlos Santana CLE 1B
DJ LeMahieu NYY 2B
Jorge Polanco MIN SS
Alex Bregman HOU 3B
Mike Trout LAA CF
George Springer HOU CF
Michael Brantley HOU LF
|Third||*Finished second in voting, replaced injured Hunter Pence|
American League Reserves
C - James McCann, White Sox
1B - Jose Abreu, White Sox
2B - Brandon Lowe, Rays
SS - Francisco Lindor, Indians
3B - Matt Chapman, Athletics
OF - Mookie Betts, Red Sox
OF - Austin Meadows, Rays
OF - Joey Gallo, Rangers
OF/2B - Whit Merrifield, Royals
DH - Daniel Vogelbach, Mariners
2B - Gleyber Torres, Yankees (replaces injured Lowe)
SS - Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox (replaces injured Pence)
American League Pitchers
SP - Justin Verlander, Astros
SP - Gerrit Cole, Astros
SP - Lucas Giolito, White Sox
SP - Mike Minor, Rangers
SP - Jake Odorizzi, Twins
SP - Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays
SP - John Means, Orioles
SP - Charlie Morton, Rays
RP - Ryan Pressly, Astros
RP - Shane Greene, Tigers
RP - Brad Hand, Indians
RP - Aroldis Chapman, Yankees
SP - Jose Berrios, Twins (replaces injured Odorizzi)
SP - Shane Bieber, Indians (replaces Minor)
RP - Liam Hendriks, Athletics (replaces Morton)
SP - Masahiro Tanaka (replaces injured Stroman)
- There are 31 first-time All-Stars this time around, which is the most since 2016. It's a testament to how much great, young talent continues to come into the league, sure, but there are several veterans making their first trip as well.
- How is this Anthony Rendon's first All-Star Game? It's remarkable but true. NL third base is often loaded and there aren't that many roster spots to go around. Good for him.
- We'll get to the snubs in a separate article, but the most mind-boggling to me is Jose Abreu over Luke Voit at first base. It would be understandable if the White Sox needed a rep, but they already had McCann and Giolito (both deservedly so).
- Expect Hand to be the closer for the AL, given that this game is taking place in Cleveland's Progressive Field.
- The NL has several excellent candidates to DH, but it feels like it should be Bell or Alonso, right?
- How about Charlie Morton? Through his age-33 season, he had never made an All-Star team, but now he makes it two straight.
- The Astros have the most All-Stars at six -- and none of them are named Jose Altuve.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
What will the Red Sox do at the trade deadline? It could go either way
Also, watch SportsLine on CBS Sports HQ live at 6 p.m. ET for all today's best bets
Dodger Stadium is the second-oldest ballpark in the National League
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with nearly $2M in winnings, gives optimal lineup adv...
Gooden was also arrested on June 7
Here's our regularly updated look at baseball's biggest injuries