2019 NFL Draft: Here's a super-early look at the top 100 prospects
The 2019 draft class is headlined by a variety of elite defensive line prospects and running backs
The 2019 NFL Draft class is to defensive linemen as the 2018 draft class was to quarterbacks.
Next year's crop of prospects features a variety of defensive ends and especially defensive tackles who are already household names are and primed for gigantic seasons at the college ranks.
If eligible, Ohio State's Nick Bosa likely would've been a first-round pick in the 2018 draft, and he's building a resume in Columbus that has a good chance to be more impressive than his older brother's, and Joey went No. 3 overall in the 2016 draft. Not far behind him is an outstanding trio of mostly interior rushers; Houston's Ed Oliver, Michigan's Rashan Gary, and Clemson's Dexter Lawrence, all of whom were major recruits and have lived up to the billing thus far in their collegiate careers.
Looking for a hot new NFL podcast that's your home for NFL coverage? Look no further. The Pick 6 Podcast with Will Brinson has you covered each day with new episodes around 30 minutes each. Subscribe: via iTunes | via Stitcher | via TuneIn | via Google Play.
As for quarterbacks, it won't be as hyped as the 2018 collection, but NC State's Ryan Finley had a highly efficient campaign in 2017, Missouri's Drew Lock has a cannon for an arm, and Oregon's Justin Herbert ran his club's up-tempo spread very well before suffering an injury last season.
Running back looks deep -- again. That position is led by Iowa State's David Montgomery, Oklahoma State's springy air back Justice Hill, and two supremely productive "veterans"... Stanford's Bryce Love and Alabama's Damien Harris.
The wide receiver, linebacker, and offensive tackle groups are solid too.
Here's my super-early Top 100 for the 2019 draft class:
- Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
- Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
- Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
- Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
- A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
- Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
- Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
- Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
- Ryan Finley, QB, NC State
- Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo
- David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State
- Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
- Brian Burns, DE, Florida State
- Te'Von Coney, LB, Notre Dame
- Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
- Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
- Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State
- Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
- Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
- Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
- N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
- Devin White, LB, LSU
- Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
- T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
- Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
- Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
- Anfernee Jennings, OLB, Alabama
- Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
- Trey Adams, OT, Washington
- Lukas Denis, S, Boston College
- Ahmmon Richards, WR, Miami
- Kendall Joseph, LB, Clemson
- Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
- Joe Jackson, DE, Miami
- Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
- Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA
- Ross Pierschbacher, OG, Alabama
- David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin
- Montez Sweat, OLB, Mississippi State
- Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
- Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
- Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
- Mitch Hyatt, OL, Clemson
- Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin
- Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan
- Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
- JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
- Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma
- Marquise Copeland, DT, Cincinnati
- Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
- Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
- Myles Gaskin, RB, Washington
- Kaden Smith, TE, Stanford
- Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma
- Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
- Michael Deiter, OT, Wisconsin
- Stanley Morgan Jr., WR, Nebraska
- Jake Browning, QB, Washington
- Connor McGovern, C/OG, Penn State
- Juwan Johnson, WR, Penn State
- Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
- Prince Tega Wanagho, OT, Auburn
- Demarcus Christmas, DT, Florida State
- Nate Herbig, OL, Stanford
- Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo
- Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
- Will Grier, QB, West Virginia
- Carl Granderson, DE, Wyoming
- Khaleke Hudson, LB/S, Michigan
- Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State
- Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech
- Joe Dineen, LB, Kansas
- Collin Johnson, WR, Texas
- Cameron Smith, LB, USC
- Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson
- Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State
- Iman Marshall, CB, USC
- Max Scharping, OL, Northern Illinois
- Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan
- Tuf Borland, LB, Ohio State
- Marvell Tell, S, USC
- Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic
- Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami
- Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo
- Dakota Allen, LB, Texas Tech
- Alijah Holder, CB, Stanford
- Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern
- Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State
- Damian Prince, OL, Maryland
- Nick Fitzgerald QB, Mississippi State
- Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio State
- Jacques Patrick, RB, Florida State
- Gary Jennings, WR, West Virginia
- Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State
- Alex Bars, OT, Notre Dame
- Cece Jefferson, DE, Florida
- Jesse Burkett, C, Stanford
- Travis Homer, RB, Miami
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Can these players carve out an important role on their teams at the outset of their debut NFL...
Let's examine the 2019 iteration of prospects from the first-round factory that is Alabama...
These impressive but underrated college players should skyrocket up draft boards after big...
Sam Beal and Adonis Alexander found new teams in the NFL Supplemental Draft held Wednesday
Everything you need to know about this year's unique NFL supplemental draft
College football's best QBs have some work to do to bolster the reputation of the 2019 cla...