NBA Draft 2016: Lottery odds set, final draft order nearly in place
As the NBA regular season ends, that means that the odds for the 14 lottery teams are set and the order of the rest of the draft is nearly in place. Here's a look.
With the NBA regular season officially over, the odds for the 14 lottery teams are set and the order of the rest of the draft is nearly in place.
Following a 10-72 season, the Philadelphia 76ers have the best odds at the No. 1 overall pick at 25 percent, followed by the Lakers at 19.9 percent and the Celtics (via the Nets) at 15.6 percent.
Here is a full chart that includes all the odds for the non-playoffs teams to get the No. 1 overall pick.
|2016 NBA Draft Lottery Odds|
|Order||Team||Odds No. 1||Odds Top 3|
|2||Los Angeles Lakers||19.9%||55.8%|
|3||Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn Nets )||15.6%||46.9%|
|6||New Orleans Pelicans||6.3%||21.5%|
|7||Denver Nuggets (via New York Knicks )||4.3%||15%|
|9||Toronto Raptors (via Denver Nuggets )||1.9%||6.8%|
|13||Phoenix Suns (via Washington Wizards )||0.6%||2.2%|
It's worth noting that neither Sacramento nor the Raptors can actually receive the No.1 overall pick due to trades involving swap rights. If the Raptors' selection wins the lottery, it goes to the Nuggets as part of a series of trades involving those two teams and the Knicks. If the Kings' selection finishes ahead of the 76ers pick, the two teams will swap selections as part of the Nik Stauskas deal last offseason.
Also, if the Lakers fall out of the top-three, they will lose their selection to Philadelphia.
Here then is the current order for Nos. 15 through 60, subject to change based on lottery results.
15. Denver Nuggets (via Houston Rockets )
16. Boston Celtics (via Dallas Mavericks )
17. Memphis Grizzlies
18. Detroit Pistons
19. Denver Nuggets (via Portland Trail Blazers )
20. Indiana Pacers
21. Atlanta Hawks
22. Charlotte Hornets
23. Boston Celtics
24. Philadelphia 76ers (via Miami Heat )
25. Los Angeles Clippers
26. Philadelphia 76ers (via Oklahoma City Thunder )
27. Toronto Raptors
28. Phoenix Suns (via Cleveland Cavaliers )
29. San Antonio Spurs
30. Golden State Warriors
31. Boston Celtics (via Philadelphia 76ers )
32. Los Angeles Lakers
33. Los Angeles Clippers (via Brooklyn Nets )
34. Phoenix Suns
35. Boston Celtics (via Minnesota Timberwolves )
36. Milwaukee Bucks (via New Orleans Pelicans )
37. Houston Rockets (via. New York Knicks )
38. New Orleans Pelicans (via Denver Nuggets )
39. Milwaukee Bucks
40. New Orleans Pelicans (via Sacramento Kings )
41. Orlando Magic
42. Utah Jazz
43. Houston Rockets
44. Atlanta Hawks (via Washington Wizards )
45. Dallas Mavericks
46. Boston Celtics (via Memphis Grizzlies )
47. Orlando Magic (via Chicago Bulls )
48. Chicago Bulls (via Portland Trail Blazers )
49. Detroit Pistons
50. Indiana Pacers
51. Boston Celtics (via Miami Heat )
52. Utah Jazz (via Boston Celtics )
53. Denver Nuggets (via Charlotte Hornets )
54. Atlanta Hawks
55. Brooklyn Nets (via Los Angeles Clippers )
56. Denver Nuggets (via Oklahoma City Thunder )
57. Memphis Grizzlies (via Toronto Raptors )
58. Boston Celtics (via Cleveland Cavaliers )
59. Sacramento Kings (via San Antonio Spurs )
60. Utah Jazz (via Golden State Warriors )
Thomas is rehabbing from a hip injury that cut short his 2016-17 playoff run with the Celt...
James wondered whether he did something to drive Irving away
Beal went on a tangent at Washington's media day about Trump's recent comments
The Cleveland Cavaliers also have 6-1 odds of landing the former Bulls and Heat star
OKC fans welcomed the 10-time All-Star at the airport with chants of 'Melo!'
Jordan joined LeBron James to show support of those who wish to exercise their freedom of...