This year has been like any other due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and that includes the sports season. When the pandemic hit in March, sporting events around the world were canceled or postponed. Some leagues and tournaments were forced to cancel, others paused with the hope of restarting, but all had to adjust in some way.
As the world continues to navigate the pandemic, many sports leagues that paused in March have since created a plan to restart found a safe way to carry out their season. For instance, the NBA and NHL had "bubbles" for players to live in. In other sports, fans are not permitted at many events and new health protocols have been put in place.
Stay up to date with what games are on by checking out our daily schedule of sporting events.
Today's sporting events
Thursday, December 31
(All times Eastern)
- No. 24 Tulsa vs. Mississippi State
- Ball State vs. No. 22 San Jose State, 2 p.m.
- West Virginia vs. Army, 4 p.m.
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers, 3 p.m.
- Chicago Bulls at Washington Wizards, 5 p.m.
- Philadelphia 76ers at Orlando Magic, 6:30 p.m.
- Sacramento Kings at Houston Rockets, 7 p.m.
- New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors, 7:30 p.m.
- New Orleans Pelicans at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz, 9 p.m.
Men's college basketball
- No. 21 Minnesota at No. 6 Wisconsin, 4:30 p.m.
- No. 16 Michigan at Maryland, 8 p.m.
- California at No. 21 Oregon, 10 p.m.
Women's college basketball
- No. 14 Maryland at Penn State, 12 p.m.
- Wisconsin at No. 16 Michigan, 12:30 p.m.
- Illinois at No. 20 Indiana, 1 p.m.
- No. 15 Northwestern at Nebraska, 2 p.m.
- Florida at No. 5 South Carolina, 4 p.m.
- No. 12 Mississippi State at Georgia, 6:30 p.m.
- No. 3 NC State at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m.
- No. 10 Arkansas at No. 13 Kentucky, 8:30 p.m.