Through 3 Quarters
Fans are certainly getting their money's worth as the Charlotte Hornets and the Atlanta Hawks have combined for 193 points three quarters in. a win is still up for grabs for either team, but Charlotte is up 99-94
Atlanta has been led by power forward John Collins, who so far has 22 points and four assists along with nine boards.
the Hawks have lost 90% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Charlotte @ Atlanta
Current Records: Charlotte 13-11; Atlanta 12-11
What to Know
This Sunday, the Charlotte Hornets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.38 points per contest. They will take on the Atlanta Hawks at 6 p.m. ET Sunday at State Farm Arena after having had a few days off. These two teams are out to turn their luck around after having lost tight contests in their previous games.
It was close but no cigar for the Hornets as they fell 127-125 to the Milwaukee Bucks this past Wednesday. Charlotte was up 41-25 at the end of the first quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. A silver lining for them was the play of point guard LaMelo Ball, who shot 8-for-15 from beyond the arc and finished with 36 points, nine dimes and five rebounds.
Speaking of close games: it was a hard-fought game, but Atlanta had to settle for a 98-96 loss against the Philadelphia 76ers this past Friday. The matchup was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but the Hawks had been the slight favorite coming in. Despite the defeat, they had strong showings from point guard Trae Young, who posted a double-double on 25 points and ten assists, and power forward Danilo Gallinari, who had 18 points in addition to eight boards.
The losses put Charlotte at 13-11 and Atlanta at 12-11. Charlotte and Atlanta are both 4-6 after wins this season, but that symmetry won't hold for long.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.00
The Hawks are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 7.5-point favorite.
Charlotte have won 13 out of their last 22 games against Atlanta.
- Nov 20, 2021 - Atlanta 115 vs. Charlotte 105
- Apr 11, 2021 - Atlanta 105 vs. Charlotte 101
- Jan 09, 2021 - Charlotte 113 vs. Atlanta 105
- Jan 06, 2021 - Charlotte 102 vs. Atlanta 94
- Mar 09, 2020 - Atlanta 143 vs. Charlotte 138
- Dec 08, 2019 - Atlanta 122 vs. Charlotte 107
- Feb 09, 2019 - Charlotte 129 vs. Atlanta 120
- Nov 28, 2018 - Charlotte 108 vs. Atlanta 94
- Nov 25, 2018 - Atlanta 124 vs. Charlotte 123
- Nov 06, 2018 - Charlotte 113 vs. Atlanta 102
- Mar 15, 2018 - Charlotte 129 vs. Atlanta 117
- Jan 31, 2018 - Charlotte 123 vs. Atlanta 110
- Jan 26, 2018 - Charlotte 121 vs. Atlanta 110
- Oct 20, 2017 - Charlotte 109 vs. Atlanta 91
- Apr 11, 2017 - Atlanta 103 vs. Charlotte 76
- Mar 20, 2017 - Charlotte 105 vs. Atlanta 90
- Dec 17, 2016 - Charlotte 107 vs. Atlanta 99
- Nov 18, 2016 - Charlotte 100 vs. Atlanta 96
- Feb 28, 2016 - Atlanta 87 vs. Charlotte 76
- Jan 13, 2016 - Charlotte 107 vs. Atlanta 84
- Nov 01, 2015 - Atlanta 94 vs. Charlotte 92
- Oct 30, 2015 - Atlanta 97 vs. Charlotte 94
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Cam Reddish: Out (Illness)
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)
- Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Ankle)
- De'Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Cody Martin: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Mason Plumlee: Out (Covid-19)
- Jalen McDaniels: Out (Covid-19)
- Terry Rozier: Out (Covid-19)
- LaMelo Ball: Out (Covid-19)