Through 3 Quarters
The Boston Celtics fell flat on their face against the Phoenix Suns this past Friday, but memory of that harsh loss doesn't seem to have tripped them up today. After three quarters it's looking more and more like the Celtics' high-powered offense is just too much for the Milwaukee Bucks as Boston lead 85-74.
Boston has been led by small forward Jayson Tatum, who so far has 26 points and four assists in addition to five rebounds. Point guard Jrue Holiday has led the way so far for Milwaukee, as he has 20 points and five assists.
Milwaukee has lost 83% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Milwaukee @ Boston
Current Records: Milwaukee 18-10; Boston 13-14
What to Know
After five games on the road, the Boston Celtics are heading back home. They will take on the Milwaukee Bucks at 7:30 p.m. ET Monday at TD Garden after having had a few days off. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close game.
The Celtics found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 111-90 punch to the gut against the Phoenix Suns this past Friday. Point guard Marcus Smart had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only four points on 1-for-13 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
A well-balanced attack led Milwaukee over the New York Knicks every single quarter on their way to victory on Sunday. Milwaukee captured a comfortable 112-97 win. They relied on the efforts of power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who dropped a triple-double on 20 points, 11 dimes, and ten rebounds, and small forward Khris Middleton, who had 24 points in addition to eight boards. That's Antetokounmpo's first triple-double of the season.
The Celtics are now 13-14 while the Bucks sit at 18-10. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Boston comes into the matchup boasting the third most fouls drawn per game in the league at 20. But Milwaukee ranks fourth in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 17.6 on average. The ref's whistle might dictate the flow of action in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: Bally Sports Wisconsin
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $28.67
The Bucks are a slight 1-point favorite against the Celtics, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Celtics as a 1.5-point favorite.
Boston have won 17 out of their last 33 games against Milwaukee.
- Nov 12, 2021 - Boston 122 vs. Milwaukee 113
- Mar 26, 2021 - Boston 122 vs. Milwaukee 114
- Mar 24, 2021 - Milwaukee 121 vs. Boston 119
- Dec 23, 2020 - Boston 122 vs. Milwaukee 121
- Jul 31, 2020 - Milwaukee 119 vs. Boston 112
- Jan 16, 2020 - Milwaukee 128 vs. Boston 123
- Oct 30, 2019 - Boston 116 vs. Milwaukee 105
- May 08, 2019 - Milwaukee 116 vs. Boston 91
- May 06, 2019 - Milwaukee 113 vs. Boston 101
- May 03, 2019 - Milwaukee 123 vs. Boston 116
- Apr 30, 2019 - Milwaukee 123 vs. Boston 102
- Apr 28, 2019 - Boston 112 vs. Milwaukee 90
- Feb 21, 2019 - Milwaukee 98 vs. Boston 97
- Dec 21, 2018 - Milwaukee 120 vs. Boston 107
- Nov 01, 2018 - Boston 117 vs. Milwaukee 113
- Apr 28, 2018 - Boston 112 vs. Milwaukee 96
- Apr 26, 2018 - Milwaukee 97 vs. Boston 86
- Apr 24, 2018 - Boston 92 vs. Milwaukee 87
- Apr 22, 2018 - Milwaukee 104 vs. Boston 102
- Apr 20, 2018 - Milwaukee 116 vs. Boston 92
- Apr 17, 2018 - Boston 120 vs. Milwaukee 106
- Apr 15, 2018 - Boston 113 vs. Milwaukee 107
- Apr 03, 2018 - Milwaukee 106 vs. Boston 102
- Dec 04, 2017 - Boston 111 vs. Milwaukee 100
- Oct 26, 2017 - Boston 96 vs. Milwaukee 89
- Oct 18, 2017 - Milwaukee 108 vs. Boston 100
- Apr 12, 2017 - Boston 112 vs. Milwaukee 94
- Mar 29, 2017 - Milwaukee 103 vs. Boston 100
- Jan 28, 2017 - Boston 112 vs. Milwaukee 108
- Apr 08, 2016 - Boston 124 vs. Milwaukee 109
- Feb 25, 2016 - Boston 112 vs. Milwaukee 107
- Feb 09, 2016 - Milwaukee 112 vs. Boston 111
- Nov 10, 2015 - Boston 99 vs. Milwaukee 83
Injury Report for Boston
- Marcus Smart: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Josh Richardson: Out (Covid-19)
- Bruno Fernando: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- DeMarcus Cousins: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- George Hill: Out (Rest)
- Donte DiVincenzo: Out (Ankle)
- Wesley Matthews: Out (Covid-19)
- Semi Ojeleye: Out (Calf)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)