Through 3 Quarters
Down nine at the end of last quarter, the Los Angeles Clippers have now snagged the lead. It's anybody's game after three quarters, but Los Angeles is ahead of the Denver Nuggets 85-79.
The Clippers have enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Eric Bledsoe and center Ivica Zubac. The former has posted a double-double on 16 points and ten dimes, while the latter has dropped a double-double on 15 points and ten boards along with three blocks. One thing to keep an eye out for is Luke Kennard's foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Denver has been led by center Nikola Jokic, who so far has posted a double-double on 17 points and 15 rebounds in addition to seven assists.
the Nuggets have lost 92% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Denver @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Denver 15-16; Los Angeles 17-15
What to Know
After a few days' rest for both teams, the Denver Nuggets and the Los Angeles Clippers will meet up at 9 p.m. ET Dec. 26 at Crypto.com Arena. Los Angeles should still be riding high after a win, while the Nuggets will be looking to right the ship.
Denver came up short against the Charlotte Hornets this past Thursday, falling 115-107. Denver was up 94-77 at the end of the third quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. Denver's loss came about despite a quality game from center Nikola Jokic, who posted a double-double on 29 points and 21 boards in addition to five dimes.
Meanwhile, the stars were brightly shining for Los Angeles in a 105-89 victory over the Sacramento Kings last Wednesday. Shooting guard Eric Bledsoe (19 points), small forward Paul George (17 points), and power forward Serge Ibaka (17 points) were the top scorers for Los Angeles. This also makes it three games in a row in which Paul George has had at least three steals.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Nuggets are expected to win a tight contest on Sunday. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Denver didn't have too much breathing room in their contest with the Clippers when the two teams previously met in May, but they still walked away with a 110-104 win. Will Denver repeat their success, or does Los Angeles have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.73
The Nuggets are a 3-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 4-point favorite.
Denver have won 15 out of their last 27 games against Los Angeles.
- May 01, 2021 - Denver 110 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Apr 01, 2021 - Denver 101 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Dec 25, 2020 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Denver 108
- Sep 15, 2020 - Denver 104 vs. Los Angeles 89
- Sep 13, 2020 - Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Sep 11, 2020 - Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Sep 09, 2020 - Los Angeles 96 vs. Denver 85
- Sep 07, 2020 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Denver 107
- Sep 05, 2020 - Denver 110 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Sep 03, 2020 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Denver 97
- Aug 12, 2020 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Denver 111
- Feb 28, 2020 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 103
- Jan 12, 2020 - Denver 114 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Feb 24, 2019 - Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Jan 10, 2019 - Denver 121 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Dec 22, 2018 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 17, 2018 - Denver 107 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Apr 07, 2018 - Denver 134 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Feb 27, 2018 - Los Angeles 122 vs. Denver 120
- Jan 17, 2018 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Denver 104
- Mar 16, 2017 - Denver 129 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Jan 21, 2017 - Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Dec 26, 2016 - Denver 106 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Dec 20, 2016 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Denver 102
- Mar 27, 2016 - Los Angeles 105 vs. Denver 90
- Feb 24, 2016 - Denver 87 vs. Los Angeles 81
- Nov 24, 2015 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Denver 94
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Marcus Morris: Out (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (Ankle)
- Reggie Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Jay Scrubb: Out (Covid-19)
- Paul George: Out (Elbow)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Denver
- JaMychal Green: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Aaron Gordon: Out (Hamstring)
- Bol Bol: Out (Covid-19)
- Markus Howard: Out (Knee)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Back)
- PJ Dozier: Out for the Season (Knee)