Through 3 Quarters
Both the Sacramento Kings and the Miami Heat have kept the scorekeepers busy with 180 between them three quarters in. Sacramento and Miami are deadlocked at 90-90, promising an exciting conclusion.
The Kings have been led by shooting guard Buddy Hield, who so far has shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and has recorded 18 points. Miami has been relying on center Omer Yurtseven, who has posted a double-double on 20 points and 11 rebounds, and point guard Kyle Lowry, who has 14 points and nine assists. This makes it eight consecutive games in which Yurtseven has had at least 11 rebounds.
Miami @ Sacramento
Current Records: Miami 23-13; Sacramento 15-22
What to Know
The Sacramento Kings may be playing at home again Sunday, but the experts are forecasting a 3.5-point defeat. They will square off against the Miami Heat at 6 p.m. ET at Golden 1 Center. Miami will be strutting in after a win while the Kings will be stumbling in from a loss.
Sacramento's 2021 ended with a 112-96 loss against the Dallas Mavericks this past Friday. Sacramento's defeat came about despite a quality game from shooting guard Tyrese Haliburton, who posted a double-double on 17 points and ten assists. That's the third consecutive matchup in which Haliburton has had at least ten assists.
Meanwhile, Miami was able to grind out a solid victory over the Houston Rockets this past Friday, winning 120-110. Miami's small forward Jimmy Butler did his thing and had 37 points.
Sacramento is now 15-22 while the Heat sit at 23-13. A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Kings are third worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 113.7 on average. Miami's defense has more to brag about, as they they rank third in the league when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 103.6 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $29.00
The Heat are a 3.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Miami have won seven out of their last 12 games against Sacramento.
- Feb 18, 2021 - Miami 118 vs. Sacramento 110
- Jan 30, 2021 - Miami 105 vs. Sacramento 104
- Feb 07, 2020 - Sacramento 105 vs. Miami 97
- Jan 20, 2020 - Miami 118 vs. Sacramento 113
- Feb 08, 2019 - Sacramento 102 vs. Miami 96
- Oct 29, 2018 - Sacramento 123 vs. Miami 113
- Mar 14, 2018 - Sacramento 123 vs. Miami 119
- Jan 25, 2018 - Sacramento 89 vs. Miami 88
- Jan 04, 2017 - Miami 107 vs. Sacramento 102
- Nov 01, 2016 - Miami 108 vs. Sacramento 96
- Apr 01, 2016 - Miami 112 vs. Sacramento 106
- Nov 19, 2015 - Miami 116 vs. Sacramento 109
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Terence Davis: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Richaun Holmes: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Miami
- Udonis Haslem: Out (Covid-19)
- Max Strus: Out (Covid-19)
- KZ Okpala: Out (Wrist)
- P.J. Tucker: Out (Covid-19)
- Dewayne Dedmon: Out (Knee)
- Zylan Cheatham: Out (Covid-19)
- Gabe Vincent: Out (Covid-19)
- Duncan Robinson: Out (Covid-19)
- Marcus Garrett: Out (Covid-19)
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Thumb)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)