Through 3 Quarters
Down two at the end of last quarter, the Phoenix Suns have now snagged the lead. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Phoenix leads 89-83 over the Dallas Mavericks.
Shooting guard Devin Booker (21 points) has been the top scorer for the Suns. Devin Booker does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four. Center JaVale McGee is also in foul trouble with five.
Dallas has been led by point guard Luka Doncic, who so far has 26 points and seven assists in addition to four rebounds.
the Mavericks have lost 77% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Dallas @ Phoenix
Current Records: Dallas 0-1; Phoenix 1-0
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Dallas Mavericks at 10 p.m. ET May 4 at Footprint Center. Phoenix should still be feeling good after a win, while Dallas will be looking to get back in the win column.
The Suns are hoping for another victory. They beat the Mavericks 121-114 on Monday. Phoenix relied on the efforts of shooting guard Devin Booker, who had 23 points and eight assists in addition to nine rebounds, and center Deandre Ayton, who had 25 points along with eight boards.
Phoenix is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Phoenix is now a perfect 1-0 while Dallas sits at a mirror-image 0-1. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: The Suns have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.40%, which places them third in the league. As for the Mavericks, they come into the matchup boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in the league at 104.7.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $112.00
The Suns are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 6-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Phoenix have won 18 out of their last 25 games against Dallas.
- May 02, 2022 - Phoenix 121 vs. Dallas 114
- Jan 20, 2022 - Phoenix 109 vs. Dallas 101
- Nov 19, 2021 - Phoenix 112 vs. Dallas 104
- Nov 17, 2021 - Phoenix 105 vs. Dallas 98
- Feb 01, 2021 - Phoenix 109 vs. Dallas 108
- Jan 30, 2021 - Phoenix 111 vs. Dallas 105
- Dec 23, 2020 - Phoenix 106 vs. Dallas 102
- Aug 13, 2020 - Phoenix 128 vs. Dallas 102
- Aug 02, 2020 - Phoenix 117 vs. Dallas 115
- Jan 28, 2020 - Phoenix 133 vs. Dallas 104
- Nov 29, 2019 - Dallas 120 vs. Phoenix 113
- Apr 09, 2019 - Dallas 120 vs. Phoenix 109
- Jan 09, 2019 - Dallas 104 vs. Phoenix 94
- Dec 13, 2018 - Phoenix 99 vs. Dallas 89
- Oct 17, 2018 - Phoenix 121 vs. Dallas 100
- Apr 10, 2018 - Phoenix 124 vs. Dallas 97
- Jan 31, 2018 - Phoenix 102 vs. Dallas 88
- Dec 18, 2017 - Phoenix 97 vs. Dallas 91
- Apr 09, 2017 - Phoenix 124 vs. Dallas 111
- Mar 11, 2017 - Phoenix 100 vs. Dallas 98
- Jan 12, 2017 - Dallas 113 vs. Phoenix 108
- Jan 05, 2017 - Phoenix 102 vs. Dallas 95
- Jan 31, 2016 - Dallas 91 vs. Phoenix 78
- Dec 14, 2015 - Dallas 104 vs. Phoenix 94
- Oct 28, 2015 - Dallas 111 vs. Phoenix 95