Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Phoenix Suns and the victory they were favored to collect going into this night. They have emerged as the frontrunner and are ahead of the Brooklyn Nets 91-82.
Phoenix has been led by shooting guard Devin Booker, who so far has 30 points along with six rebounds. Point guard James Harden has led the way so far for Brooklyn, as he has 20 points and nine assists in addition to five boards. A double-double would be The Beard's fourth in a row.
the Nets have lost 73% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Brooklyn @ Phoenix
Current Records: Brooklyn 29-20; Phoenix 40-9
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets will take on the Phoenix Suns at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Footprint Center after having had a few days off. Phoenix should still be riding high after a victory, while the Nets will be looking to get back in the win column.
Brooklyn was close but no cigar this past Saturday as they fell 110-106 to the Golden State Warriors. Despite the defeat, Brooklyn got a solid performance out of point guard Kyrie Irving, who had 32 points and seven assists along with seven boards.
Speaking of close games: even if it wasn't a dominant performance, Phoenix beat the San Antonio Spurs 115-110 on Sunday. Phoenix's point guard Chris Paul did his thing and almost posted a triple-double on 20 points, 19 dimes, and eight rebounds.
The Nets are expected to lose this next one by 7. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 1-4 ATS when expected to lose.
Brooklyn is now 29-20 while the Suns sit at 40-9. A couple offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Brooklyn enters the matchup with a 47.10% field goal percentage, good for third best in the league. But Phoenix is even better: they rank first in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 47.70% on the season. This one is shaping up to be an exciting offensive shootout.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $48.49
The Suns are a solid 7-point favorite against the Nets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 7.5-point favorite.
Brooklyn have won ten out of their last 13 games against Phoenix.
- Nov 27, 2021 - Phoenix 113 vs. Brooklyn 107
- Apr 25, 2021 - Brooklyn 128 vs. Phoenix 119
- Feb 16, 2021 - Brooklyn 128 vs. Phoenix 124
- Feb 03, 2020 - Brooklyn 119 vs. Phoenix 97
- Nov 10, 2019 - Phoenix 138 vs. Brooklyn 112
- Dec 23, 2018 - Brooklyn 111 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 06, 2018 - Brooklyn 104 vs. Phoenix 82
- Nov 06, 2017 - Brooklyn 98 vs. Phoenix 92
- Oct 31, 2017 - Phoenix 122 vs. Brooklyn 114
- Mar 23, 2017 - Brooklyn 126 vs. Phoenix 98
- Nov 12, 2016 - Brooklyn 122 vs. Phoenix 104
- Feb 25, 2016 - Brooklyn 116 vs. Phoenix 106
- Dec 01, 2015 - Brooklyn 94 vs. Phoenix 91
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Landry Shamet: Out (Ankle)
- Cameron Payne: Out (Wrist)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Paul Millsap: Out (Personal)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Ankle)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
- Kevin Durant: Out (Knee)