Through 6 Quarters
Their last head-to-head April was close, and so far it looks like that's how the Los Angeles Lakers and the Sacramento Kings will finish this one. Los Angeles and Sacramento are all tied up at 124.
The top scorers for the Lakers have been small forward LeBron James (26 points) and point guard Russell Westbrook (26 points). LeBron James does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four. Power forward Carmelo Anthony is also in foul trouble with four.
Sacramento has been led by shooting guard Tyrese Haliburton, who so far has shot 5-for-9 from downtown and has recorded 19 points, nine assists and seven boards. Haliburton is close to surpassing his season high of 20.
Sacramento @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Sacramento 7-12; Los Angeles 10-10
What to Know
After five games on the road, the Los Angeles Lakers are heading back home. Los Angeles and the Sacramento Kings will face off in a Pacific Division battle at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday at Staples Center. Keep an eye on the score for this one: these two teams posted some lofty points totals in their previous games, so things might heat up even more when they meet.
The Indiana Pacers typically have all the answers at home, but on Wednesday the Lakers proved too difficult a challenge. Los Angeles won 124-116 over the Pacers in overtime. Los Angeles' small forward LeBron James did his thing and shot 5-for-12 from beyond the arc and finished with 39 points, six dimes and five rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but on Wednesday Sacramento proved too difficult a challenge. Sacramento skirted past the Trail Blazers 125-121. Shooting guard Buddy Hield (22 points) and point guard De'Aaron Fox (21 points) were the top scorers for the Kings.
The Lakers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 3-8 against the spread when favored.
Los Angeles is now 10-10 while Sacramento sits at 7-12. A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Los Angeles is stumbling into the matchup with the second most points allowed per game in the league, having given up 113.2 on average. Sacramento has experienced some struggles of their own as they are fifth worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 111.1 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $65.99
The Lakers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 7-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Sacramento have won 12 out of their last 22 games against Los Angeles.
- Apr 30, 2021 - Sacramento 110 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Apr 02, 2021 - Los Angeles 115 vs. Sacramento 94
- Mar 03, 2021 - Sacramento 123 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Aug 13, 2020 - Sacramento 136 vs. Los Angeles 122
- Feb 01, 2020 - Los Angeles 129 vs. Sacramento 113
- Nov 15, 2019 - Los Angeles 99 vs. Sacramento 97
- Mar 24, 2019 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Sacramento 106
- Dec 30, 2018 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Sacramento 114
- Dec 27, 2018 - Sacramento 117 vs. Los Angeles 116
- Nov 10, 2018 - Los Angeles 101 vs. Sacramento 86
- Apr 01, 2018 - Sacramento 84 vs. Los Angeles 83
- Feb 24, 2018 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Sacramento 108
- Jan 09, 2018 - Los Angeles 99 vs. Sacramento 86
- Nov 22, 2017 - Sacramento 113 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Apr 07, 2017 - Los Angeles 98 vs. Sacramento 94
- Feb 14, 2017 - Sacramento 97 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Dec 12, 2016 - Sacramento 116 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Nov 10, 2016 - Los Angeles 101 vs. Sacramento 91
- Mar 15, 2016 - Sacramento 106 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Jan 20, 2016 - Sacramento 112 vs. Los Angeles 93
- Jan 07, 2016 - Sacramento 118 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Oct 30, 2015 - Sacramento 132 vs. Los Angeles 114
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Abdomen)
- Austin Reaves: Game-Time Decision (Hamstring)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Harrison Barnes: Out (Foot)
- Richaun Holmes: Out (Eye)