NBA scores, highlights: James Harden breaks Kobe's scoring record; Tony Parker returns to San Antonio
Harden's explosion and Parker's first game back in San Antonio highlighted the NBA's six-game slate on Monday
A six-game NBA slate took place on Monday night with Tony Parker's return to San Antonio headlining the action.
The night started with the Nets holding off a wild comeback attempt from the Kyrie Irving-less Celtics to get an important win. Things got a lot more interesting as Parker made his first visit to San Antonio since leaving the franchise he won four NBA titles with. Parker played his entire 17-year career with the Spurs before signing a two-year deal with the Hornets.
The night capped off with an interesting conference matchup between Anthony Davis's New Orleans Pelicans and the Los Angeles Clippers. In the end, Davis was just too much for L.A. as he led the Pelicans to victory.
Here's everything you need to know about Monday night's NBA action, along with Tuesday's schedule.
NBA scores for Monday, Jan. 14
*All times Eastern
- Brooklyn Nets 109, Boston Celtics 102 (Box Score)
- Houston Rockets 112, Memphis Grizzlies 94 (Box Score)
- Charlotte Hornets 108, San Antonio Spurs 93 (Box Score)
- Utah Jazz 100, Detroit Pistons 94 (Box Score)
- Sacramento Kings 115, Portland Trail Blazers 107 (Box Score)
- New Orleans Pelicans 121 Los Angeles Clippers 117 (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Tuesday, Jan. 15
*All times Eastern
- Minnesota Timberwolves at Philadelphia 76ers, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: NBA TV Streaming: fuboTV (try it free)
- Phoenix Suns at Indiana Pacers, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Oklahoma City Thunder at Atlanta Hawks, 7:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Miami Heat at Milwaukee Bucks, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Golden State Warriors at Denver Nuggets, 9 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Lakers, 10:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: NBA TV Streaming: fuboTV (try it free)
Harden keeps rolling, scores 57
After a historically bad shooting night on Sunday, James Harden was locked in early against the Grizzlies. He poured in 36 points in the first half alone, on his way to 57 on the night. It was his 17th consecutive game with 30 or more points, passing Kobe Bryant for the most since the ABA-NBA merger.
Davis dominates in win over Clippers
Another night, another incredible stat line for Anthony Davis. He put up 46 points, 16 rebounds, four assists, three steals and a block in Monday night's win over the Clippers.
Russell goes off in Nets' win over Celtics
The Celtics were without Kyrie Irving and Marcus Smart on Monday night, and the Nets took advantage to get the win. D'Angelo Russell, in particular, had himself a huge night. Powered by a big third quarter, he finished with 34 points, five rebounds and seven assists.
Spurs honor Parker with tribute video
Spurs legend Tony Parker was back in San Antonio on Monday night, and the team made sure to honor the Hornets point guard with a pretty cool tribute video.
Brown throws it down with the left
Jaylen Brown hasn't had the best season, but he's more than capable of getting himself on the nightly highlight reel. And he did it again on Monday with a powerful lefty slam.
Dinwiddie cashes in from deep
Spencer Dinwiddie is a pretty good 3-point shooter, making over 36 percent of his attempts this season. And that mark will go up after this long-range heave to beat the shot clock against the Celtics.
Temple rocks the rim
Garrett Temple's appearances on the highlight reel are pretty few and far between, but when he does get on there, he really deserves it. Check out this slam in transition.
Parker discusses his return to San Antonio
Tony Parker will face off against the Spurs for the first time in his professional career on Monday night and the veteran floor general had plenty to say about his "homecoming" ahead of the opening tip at the AT&T Center.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Tuesday's Nets vs. 76ers game 10,000 times.
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Tuesday's Trail Blazers vs. Thunder game 10,000...
Houston could've had a slight advantage on Golden State in the series that feels like almost...
There are just two playoff games on Monday night after a busy weekend
Get the complete schedule for the first round of the NBA playoffs, along with viewing info...
A look at every series in the opening round of the playoffs