The Olympics are here. With the opening ceremony complete, the events of the 2020 Games have officially begun -- one year after they were supposed to. The COVID-19 pandemic forced the Games to be pushed to summer of 2021.
Following the ceremony, which began at 7 a.m. ET Friday, there will be a break in the action from Tokyo. Then after an encore presentation of the opening ceremony is shown on NBC at 7 p.m., the events will resume. Friday night (Saturday morning in Japan) kicks off with preliminary round action of beach volleyball.
Every day CBS Sports will be with you for coverage of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Below are some highlight from the opening ceremonies, followed by the entire schedule for the first day of the games.
Day 1 - July 23
- 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics opening ceremony - 6:55 a.m.
- Men's and Women's beach volleyball preliminary rounds - 8 p.m.
- Men's gymnastics qualification - 9 p.m.
- 3x3 Basketball Men's and Women's pool play - 9:15 p.m.
- Men's and Women's Boxing preliminary rounds - 10 p.m.
- Men's and Women's tennis, first round - 10 p.m.
- Swimming finals - Men's and Women's 400m individual medley, Men's and Women's 400m freestyle, Women's 4x100m relay 9:30 p.m.