Kansas State @ Baylor
Current Records: Kansas State 10-8; Baylor 17-2
What to Know
The Kansas State Wildcats have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the #4 Baylor Bears and are hoping to record their first win since March 2 of 2019. K-State and the Bears will face off in a Big 12 battle at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Ferrell Center. Baylor should still be feeling good after a victory, while K-State will be looking to regain their footing.
It was close but no cigar for K-State as they fell 78-75 to the Kansas Jayhawks this past Saturday. Guard Nijel Pack did his best for K-State, finishing with 35 points (a whopping 47% of their total).
Meanwhile, Baylor strolled past the Oklahoma Sooners with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the game 65-51. Four players on the Bears scored in the double digits: guard Adam Flagler (16), guard LJ Cryer (14), guard Matthew Mayer (12), and guard Kendall Brown (10).
The Wildcats have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 14 point spread they are up against. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 7-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
K-State was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap when the two teams previously met in March of last year as they fell 74-68 to Baylor. The defeat knocked K-State out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at Baylor with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Ferrell Center -- Waco, Texas
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $13.17
The Bears are a big 14-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bears as a 13.5-point favorite.
Baylor have won eight out of their last 14 games against Kansas State.
- Mar 11, 2021 - Baylor 74 vs. Kansas State 68
- Jan 27, 2021 - Baylor 107 vs. Kansas State 59
- Dec 19, 2020 - Baylor 100 vs. Kansas State 69
- Feb 25, 2020 - Baylor 85 vs. Kansas State 66
- Feb 03, 2020 - Baylor 73 vs. Kansas State 67
- Mar 02, 2019 - Kansas State 66 vs. Baylor 60
- Feb 09, 2019 - Kansas State 70 vs. Baylor 63
- Mar 03, 2018 - Kansas State 77 vs. Baylor 67
- Jan 22, 2018 - Kansas State 90 vs. Baylor 83
- Mar 09, 2017 - Kansas State 70 vs. Baylor 64
- Feb 04, 2017 - Kansas State 56 vs. Baylor 54
- Jan 14, 2017 - Baylor 77 vs. Kansas State 68
- Feb 10, 2016 - Baylor 82 vs. Kansas State 72
- Jan 20, 2016 - Baylor 79 vs. Kansas State 72
Injury Report for Baylor
- James Akinjo: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Jeremy Sochan: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Langston Love: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Dain Dainja: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Kansas State
- Jordan Brooks: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Logan Landers: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Maximus Edwards: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Seryee Lewis: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)