Rhode Island @ VCU
Current Records: Rhode Island 12-9; VCU 14-7
What to Know
The Rhode Island Rams and the VCU Rams will face off in an Atlantic 10 clash at 7 p.m. ET Feb. 8 at Stuart Siegel Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with Rhode Island winning the first 83-68 on the road and VCU taking the second 63-62.
The contest between Rhode Island and the Massachusetts Minutemen this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with Rhode Island falling 78-67 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Rhode Island's loss shouldn't obscure the performances of forward Makhi Mitchell, who posted a double-double on 13 points and 13 rebounds in addition to six dimes, and guard Ishmael Leggett, who had 21 points along with five boards.
Meanwhile, VCU picked up a 71-62 victory over the Duquesne Dukes this past Saturday. VCU relied on the efforts of forward Hason Ward, who dropped a double-double on 13 points and ten rebounds along with five blocks, and guard Adrian Baldwin Jr., who had 13 points and seven assists.
Rhode Island is expected to lose this next one by 5.5. Now might not be the best time to take Rhode Island against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Rhode Island is now 12-9 while VCU sits at 14-7. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Rhode Island ranks third in college basketball when it comes to blocked shots per game, with 6.5 on average. VCU is not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they come into the matchup boasting the 16th most blocked shots per game in college basketball at 5.4. Points in the paint might be hard to come by.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Stuart Siegel Center -- Richmond, Virginia
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Rams are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Rams, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Rams as a 6.5-point favorite.
Rhode Island have won nine out of their last 12 games against VCU.
- Feb 03, 2021 - VCU 63 vs. Rhode Island 62
- Jan 09, 2021 - Rhode Island 83 vs. VCU 68
- Jan 31, 2020 - Rhode Island 87 vs. VCU 75
- Jan 11, 2020 - Rhode Island 65 vs. VCU 56
- Mar 15, 2019 - Rhode Island 75 vs. VCU 70
- Feb 19, 2019 - VCU 76 vs. Rhode Island 42
- Jan 23, 2019 - Rhode Island 71 vs. VCU 65
- Mar 09, 2018 - Rhode Island 76 vs. VCU 67
- Feb 02, 2018 - Rhode Island 81 vs. VCU 68
- Mar 12, 2017 - Rhode Island 70 vs. VCU 63
- Feb 25, 2017 - Rhode Island 69 vs. VCU 59
- Feb 16, 2016 - VCU 83 vs. Rhode Island 67