Baseball's regular season ended on Sunday, clearing the way for the postseason.
In reality, baseball's final day lacked playoffs-related drama. The final two postseason seeds were clinched on Saturday as the Red Sox nailed down the AL East title and the Rockies locked up the second NL wild-card spot. . The Rockies clinched when .
With all the regular-season action over, let's take a look at how the postseason will play out in the coming days:
- Wild Card Game: Twins at Yankees
- ALDS 1: Indians vs. Wild Card Game winner (Indians have home-field advantage)
- ALDS 2: Astros vs. Red Sox (Astros have home-field advantage)
- Wild Card Game: Rockies at Diamondbacks
- NLDS 1: Dodgers vs. Wild Card Game winner (Dodgers have home-field advantage)
- NLDS 2: Nationals vs. Cubs (Nationals have home-field advantage)
The 2017 postseason begins Tuesday with the AL Wild Card Game. The NL Wild Card Game will be played Wednesday. The two ALDS series then begin Thursday and the two NLDS series begin Friday..