The 2022 NBA postseason is upon us, and for the second straight year, we'll be treated to a play-in tournament in each conference with the Nos. 7 and 8 seed up for grabs. Below are the eight teams that will have to win their way into the field.
- Western Conference: Minnesota Timberwolves (7), Los Angeles Clippers (8), New Orleans Pelicans (9), San Antonio Spurs (10)
- Eastern Conference: Brooklyn Nets (7), Cleveland Cavaliers (8), Atlanta Hawks (9), Charlotte Hornets (10)
CBS Sports HQ Newsletter
Your Ultimate Guide to Every Day in Sports
We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
The format goes like this: No. 7 plays No. 8 and No. 9 plays No. 10. The winner of the 7-8 game gets the No. 7 seed, while the loser plays the winner of the 9-10 game for the No. 8 seed.
Put another way, the Nos. 7 and 8 seeds get two shots to win one play-in game, while the Nos. 9 and 10 seeds have no margin for error, having to win two straight to get in. One loss, and they're out.
Below is the schedule for each play-in game.
Tuesday, April 12
- East: No. 7 Brooklyn Nets 115, No. 8 Cleveland Cavaliers 108
- West: No. 7 Minnesota Timberwolves 109, No. 8 Clippers 104
Wednesday, April 13
- East: No. 9 Atlanta Hawks 132, No. 10 Charlotte Hornets 103
- West: No. 10 San Antonio Spurs 113, No. 9 New Orleans Pelicans 103
Friday, April 15
- East: Atlanta Hawks 107, Cleveland Cavaliers 101
- West: New Orleans 105, Los Angeles 101