As we inch closer to the start of the 2020 NFL season, it's wise to keep a running tab on which players test positive for COVID-19 and which players choose to opt out of playing. Rookies and quarterbacks began getting tested before the official start date of training camp, July 28, with all other veterans reporting for testing then, and they've been tested regularly since — with very few positives since camp started.
Staying on top of this will make you a smarter Fantasy drafter -- not only will you know which players may not have any semblance of preparation for the season because of the virus, but which offenses and defenses might not play to expectations because of key contributors sitting out.
Opt-out list: Skill-position players
These players have told their teams they won't play in 2020. Do not draft them.
- Damien Williams, RB, KC
- Devin Funchess, WR, GB
- Albert Wilson, WR, MIA
- Marquise Goodwin, WR, PHI
- Marqise Lee, WR, NE
- Geronimo Allison, WR, DET
- Travis Benjamin, WR, SF
- Allen Hurns, WR, MIA
- Matt LaCosse, TE, NE
- Brandon Bolden, RB, NE
- De'Anthony Thomas, WR, BAL
- Dan Vitale, FB, NE
Opt-out list: Notables
These players have also told their teams they won't play in 2020. While they aren't necessarily guys you'd employ in Fantasy, they will impact skill-position players you would use.
- Patriots DST: Dont'a Hightower, LB; Patrick Chung, S
- Patriots OL: Marcus Cannon, RT
- Jets DST: C.J. Mosley, LB
- Giants OL: Nate Solder, OT
- Vikings DST: Michael Pierce, DT
- Bills DST: Star Lotulelei, DT; E.J. Gaines, CB
- Bears DST: Eddie Goldman, DT
- Texans DST: Eddie Vanderdoes, DT
- Broncos DST: Kyle Peko, DT
- Jaguars DST: Al Woods, DT; Lerentee McCray, DL
- Cardinals OL: Marcus Gilbert, RT
- Seahawks OL: Chance Warmack, OG
- Ravens OL: Andre Smith, RT
- Cowboys DST: Maurice Canady, CB