MLB scores, highlights, live team updates, news: Brewers rout Cubs; Red Sox take series from Braves
Keep it right here for all of Tuesday's MLB action
Labor Day Weekend is over and there's a full slate of MLB action Tuesday. Here's the roundup on all the excitement from tonight's 15 night games.
Tuesday's baseball scores
- Cardinals 11, Nationals 8 (box score)
- Pirates 7, Reds 3 (box score)
- Rays 4, Blue Jays 0 (box score)
- Phillies 9, Marlins 4 (box score)
- Indians 9, Royals 3 (box score)
- Red Sox 5, Braves,1 (box score)
- Rangers 4, Angels 2 (box score)
- Astros 5, Twins 2 (box score)
- Tigers 8, White Sox 3 (box score)
- Brewers 11, Cubs 1 (box score)
- Rockies 6, Giants 2 (box score)
- Diamondbacks 6, Padres 0 (box score)
- Yankees 5, Athletics 1 (box score)
- Orioles 5, Mariners 3 (box score)
- Dodgers 11, Mets 4 (box score)
Brewers boat-race Cubs, take series
On Monday, the Brewers won in dramatic fashion, defeating the Cubs, 4-3. Tuesday's game was decidedly more lopsided, albeit still in Milwaukee's favor.
The Brewers received a strong outing from veteran southpaw Wade Miley, who limited the Cubs to three hits and a run across six innings. He also fanned five batters. Offensively, Milwaukee saw every starter either score a run or drive someone in except for Miley. That'll do. Of course, they also benefited from a poor Cubs defensive showing:
The Brewers are now four losses back of the Cubs in the Central. They'll go for the sweep Wednesday.
Voit again comes up big in Yankees win
When the Yankees acquired Luke Voit in July, no one expected him to play much of a role for New York the rest of the way. Not only has Voit found himself in the lineup more frequently than anticipated, he's performed incredibly well.
On Tuesday, Voit hit a timely go-ahead home run to give the Yankees a lead over the Athletics. It marked his seventh home run in recent weeks:
Keep in mind that Voit had five home runs in 70 games with the Cardinals. He keeps this up, and there'll be no doubt about whether or not he'll be in the lineup when the Yankees take on the A's in the wild-card game.
Red Sox take series from Braves
Theoretically, the Red Sox could meet the Braves in the World Series. If that does happen, the Red Sox will look back at their series with the Braves as a reason for optimism.
On Tuesday, the Red Sox claimed a series win over Atlanta with a 5-1 win. Boston received four scoreless innings from its bullpen after starter Rick Porcello threw five one-run frames. Steve Pearce drove in three, while Xander Bogaerts and Eduardo Nunez added an RBI apiece.
The Red Sox are now 96-44, putting them on pace to win 111 games.
Sano avoids serious injury
Miguel Sano of the Twins seemed to have lucked out after a scary slide Tuesday versus the Astros..
Mariners fight among selves
The Mariners had a pregame altercation in their clubhouse..
- might miss the upcoming series against the Colorado Rockies because of concerns over his irregular heartbeat.
- Former Philadelphia Phillies All-Star from Major League Baseball after 13 seasons in a letter posted to The Player's Tribune.
- Cincinnati Reds' Tyler Mahle, catcher Tim Federowicz and outfielder Gabriel Guerrero to complete the expansion of their roster. The Reds added right-handed pitcher
Live team updates
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
The MLB trade deadline is less than two weeks away
Here is everything you need to know about the day in baseball
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Braves vs. Nationals 10,000 times.
The two-time Cy Young winner was part of the six-player 2019 class
The 2019 Hall of Fame class was inducted into Cooperstown on Sunday
The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place Sunday afternoon