UNLV @ No. 22 Fresno State
Current Records: UNLV 0-3; Fresno State 3-1
What to Know
The UNLV Rebels are staring down a pretty large 30-point disadvantage in the spread for Friday's game. The Rebels and the Fresno State Bulldogs will face off in a Mountain West battle at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at Bulldog Stadium. UNLV hasn't won a matchup against Fresno State since Oct. 28 of 2017, but they'll be looking to end the drought.
A victory for UNLV just wasn't in the stars last week as the team never even grasped a temporary lead. They were completely outmatched by the Iowa State Cyclones at home and fell 48-3. UNLV was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 24 to nothing. One thing holding UNLV back was the mediocre play of RB Charles Williams, who did not have his best game: he rushed for 42 yards on 19 carries.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs came out on top in a nail-biter against the UCLA Bruins last week, sneaking past 40-37. Fresno State can attribute much of their success to RB Ronnie Rivers, who rushed for two TDs and 136 yards on 21 carries.
The Rebels are now 0-3 while Fresno State sits at 3-1. A couple defensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: UNLV is stumbling into the contest with the 233rd most touchdowns allowed in the nation, having given up 15 on the season. Fresno State has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 167th worst in the nation in rushing touchdowns allowed, with five on the season. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Bulldog Stadium -- Fresno, California
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Bulldogs are a big 30-point favorite against the Rebels, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 31-point favorite.
Fresno State have won four out of their last six games against UNLV.
- Nov 07, 2020 - Fresno State 40 vs. UNLV 27
- Oct 18, 2019 - Fresno State 56 vs. UNLV 27
- Nov 03, 2018 - Fresno State 48 vs. UNLV 3
- Oct 28, 2017 - UNLV 26 vs. Fresno State 16
- Oct 01, 2016 - UNLV 45 vs. Fresno State 20
- Oct 16, 2015 - Fresno State 31 vs. UNLV 28