Bellator 286 takes place Saturday from Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, California. The card is loaded with many of the biggest names on the Bellator roster, including rivals AJ McKee and featherweight champion Patricio Pitbull, though the two will not face off with each other.
In the main event, Pitbull will put his 145-pound title on the line against Adam Borics. Pitbull is on his third run as featherweight champion, winning the belt back in his most recent fight, a decision win over McKee this past April. One fight prior, McKee took the title off Pitbull with a technical submission win in under two minutes. Pitbull also won the lightweight title in May 2019 but later vacated the belt to open it up for his brother, Patricky, to win with a November 2021 TKO of Peter Queally.
Borics lost to Darrion Caldwell in the quarterfinals of the Bellator Featherweight Grand Prix January 2020, his first career loss. He has since won four consecutive fights, all by decision, including a win over Mads Burnell in August.
Can't get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including an early preview of what to expect at Bellator 286 below.
The loss to Pitbull was the first time McKee had tasted defeat in his professional career. He'd won his first 18 fights, including the win over Pitbull, which also won him the Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix. He is moving up to lightweight for the first time at Bellator 286, taking on former UFC fighter Spike Carlyle, who has won five straight fights since being released from his UFC contract.
The rest of the undercard fills out with some rising prospects and veterans looking to hold serve in their respective divisions. Rising contender Aaron Pico is back in a featherweight contest against UFC vet Jeremy Kennedy. A win for Pico would mark his seventh straight and could put him in line for a title opportunity against the winner of the night's main event. Plus, former bantamweight king Juan Archuleta is back in a catchweight contest against Enrique Barzola.
Below is the complete fight card with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook along with continuing coverage of fight week.
Bellator 286 fight card
- Patricio Pitbull (c) -150 vs. Adam Borics +125, featherweight championship
- A.J. McKee -490 vs. Spike Carlyle +370, lightweight
- Aaron Pico -700 vs. Jeremy Kennedy +500, featherweight
- Enrique Barzola -125 vs. Juan Archuleta +105, 140-pound catchweight
- Islam Mamedov -240 vs. Nick Browne +200, lightweight
- Vladimir Tokov -115 vs. Jay Jay Wilson -105, lightweight
- Khalid Murtazaliev -340 vs. Khadzhimurat Bestaev +270, middleweight
- Sumiko Inaba -900 vs. Nadine Mandiau +600, women's flyweight
- Weber Almeida -300 vs. Ryan Lilley +240, featherweight
- Lance Gibson -550 vs. Dominic Clark +400, lightweight
- Max Rohskopf -120 vs. Mike Hamel +100, lightweight
- Richard Palencia -270 vs. Cee Jay Hamilton +220, bantamweight
- Bobby Seronio III -625 vs. Miguel Peimbert +450, bantamweight
- Keoni Diggs -360 vs. Ricardo Seixas +280, lightweight
Bellator 286 info
- Date: Oct. 1
- Location: Long Beach Arena -- Long Beach, California
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: Showtime
Bellator 286 countdown