Week 5 is set to be a busy one in the NFL, as it's the last weekend where there are no byes until Week 15. That means there are 14 games on Sunday, including one early-morning contest that will be played in London.
Several stars are nursing injuries and either trying to get on the field or still unable to make it back, and as usual, plenty of other players have their statuses up in the air. Below, we will examine all the final injury reports for the 28 teams set to take the field on Sunday. If you have a question about a player's status, this is the place to be.
Philadelphia Eagles at Carolina Panthers (-3)
- Eagles: RT Lane Johnson (personal) OUT
- Panthers: LB Shaq Thompson (neck), LT Cam Erving (foot), RB Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) OUT; DE Yetur Gross-Matos (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
Johnson will miss his second consecutive game due to a personal issue, but left tackle Jordan Mailata is set to return after missing each of the last two weeks. Mailata will start at right tackle and Andre Dillard will play left tackle.
Carolina will be without at least three key starters here. Thompson has been a revelation for the improved defense, while Irving has played every snap up front. McCaffrey will take another week to rest his hamstring while Chuba Hubbard and others pick up the slack in the backfield.
Miami Dolphins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-10)
- Dolphins: WR DeVante Parker (shoulder/hamstring) OUT
- Buccaneers: TE Rob Gronkowski (ribs), DL Patrick O'Connor (calf), S Antoine Winfield Jr. (concussion) OUT; RB Giovani Bernard (knee), DB Jamel Dean (knee), LB Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder/hand) QUESTIONABLE
Parker was limited in practice all week. With Will Fuller going on injured reserve, Miami is suddenly somewhat thin at wide receiver and will be counting on Jaylen Waddle in a big way, especially with Parker out.
Gronk is out for the second consecutive game. Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard will likely continue to split snaps in his absence. Tampa's defensive back woes continue with Winfield out this week, though they may get Jamel Dean back on the field after losing Carlton Davis last week. Bernard and JPP could return after each missed last week's game against the Patriots.
Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings (-10)
- Lions: LB Trey Flowers (knee), TE T.J. Hockenson (knee), LT Penei Sewell (ankle), RB D'Andre Swift (groin), RB Jamaal Williams (hip) QUESTIONABLE
- Vikings: DL Michael Pierce (elbow), WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette, RB Dalvin Cook (ankle) OUT
The Lions' starters were all limited throughout the week with the exception of Sewell, who didn't practice on Wednesday or Thursday before getting in a limited session on Friday. You'd think most of them have a decent chance to play, with Sewell being the most likely to sit.
Cook suited up despite his injury last week, but looked extremely limited and ended up splitting work with backup Alexander Mattison. With the Vikings heavily favored over their division rivals, they'll sit Cook out this week.
Green Bay Packers (-3) at Cincinnati Bengals
- Packers: C Josh Myers (finger), DB Jaire Alexander (shoulder) OUT; OL Elgton Jenkins (ankle), OL Dennis Kelly (illness) QUESTIONABLE
- Bengals: G Xavier Su'a-Filo (knee) OUT; WR Mike Thomas (ankle) DOUBTFUL; C Trey Hopkins (knee), HB Joe Mixon (ankle), G D'Ante Smith (illness), DT Larry Ogunjobi (knee), CB Trae Waynes (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
Alexander's absence is crushing against the Bengals' wide receiver corps. If Jenkins is able to play, he figures to slide into Myers' role at center, though he could move back to tackle and cause another shuffle up front.
Mixon's is questionable after missing practice all week. If Mixon's can't go, the Bengals running game will be led by Samaje Perine, who is tied with Joe Burrow for second on the team in rushing attempts. The Bengals will be getting back receiver Tee Higgins and safety Jessie Bates after both players missed Cincinnati's wins over Pittsburgh and Jacksonville.
New Orleans Saints (-2) at Washington Football Team
- Saints: C Erik McCoy (calf), T Terron Armstead (elbow) OUT
- Football Team: G Brandon Scherff (knee), WR Dyami Brown (knee), WR Cam Sims (hamstring) OUT; RB Antonio Gibson (shin), WR Curtis Samuel (groin), LB Cole Holcomb (shoulder), DT Daron Payne (toe) QUESTIONABLE
Gibson was limited during Washington's last two practices, while Samuel was limited Friday after missing Wednesday and Thursday's practices. Fortunately for the Football Team, running back J.D. McKissic is slated to play after being limited on Wednesday with an ankle injury.
Tennessee Titans (-4.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Titans: WR Julio Jones (hamstring), P Brett Kern (groin), G/C Aaron Brewer (knee), LB Jayon Brown (knee), TE Tommy Hudson (ankle), WR Racey McMath (quad) OUT; T Taylor Lewan (toe), WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine (hamstring), DL Denico Autry (hip), OLB Bud Dupree (knee) QUESTIONABLE
- Jaguars: DL Roy Robertson-Harris (ankle) OUT; CB Tyson Campbell (toe), DE/OLB Larentee McCray (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
While Jones is out, the return of Brown will be a nice boost for a Titans offense that lost last Sunday despite amassing 430 total yards. Nevin Lawson, an eight-year veteran with 68 starts under his belt, is slated to start in place of Campbell if Campbell's injury keeps him out of Sunday's game.
New England Patriots (-9) at Houston Texans
- Patriots: T Trent Brown (calf), G Shaq Mason (abdomen), CB Shaun Wade (concussion), DB Jalen Mills (hamstring), LB Ronnie Perkins (ankle) OUT; DB Cody Davis (knee), S Kyle Dugger (hamstring), K Nick Folk (left knee), CB Jonathan Jones (ankle), LB Kyle Van Noy (groin)
- Texans: RB Rex Burkhead (hip), QB Deshaun Watson (NIR) OUT; OL Marcus Cannon (back), WR Danny Amendola (thigh) QUESTIONABLE
Each of New England's questionable players were limited participants during Friday's practice. Cannon missed the Texans' practice on Friday, while Amendola was limited throughout the week.
Denver Broncos (-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers
- Broncos: TE Albert Okwuegbunam (hamstring) OUT
- Steelers: CB Cam Sutton (groin), DT Carlos Davis (knee), OL Rashaad Coward (ankle), WR James Washington (groin) OUT
With Sutton out, Pittsburgh will lean more on reserve cornerbacks James Pierre, Justin Layne and Ahkello Witherspoon. Ray-Ray McCloud and Cody White will round out Pittsburgh's receiving corps with Washington out. Look for tight end Pat Freiermuth to have a larger role in Pittsburgh's passing attack against the Broncos.
Chicago Bears at Las Vegas Raiders (-5.5)
- Bears: TE Jesse James (personal), TE J.P. Holtz (quad), RB David Montgomery (knee), LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe (hamstring), DL Akiem Hicks (groin) OUT; LB Khalil Mack (ribs/foot), DB Tashaun Gipson (hamstring), LB Christian Jones (back), TE Jesper Horsted (knee) QUESTIONABLE
- Raiders: CB Damon Arnette (groin), TE Derek Carrier (pectoral) OUT, CB Trayvon Mullen Jr. (toe) OUT; RB Peyton Barber (toe) QUESTIONABLE
The Bears will be without Montgomery for several weeks, but the good news is backup Damien Williams will not carry an injury designation into this game. They got worse news on the defensive side of the ball, with Hicks, Mack, and Gipson all having their respective statuses up in the air for the game.
With Mullen and Arnette out, the Raiders' secondary will lean more on rookie Nate Hobbs, Casey Heyward Jr. and Amik Robertson.
Cleveland Browns at Los Angeles Chargers (-2)
- Browns: DB Greg Newsome (calf), OT Chris Hubbard (triceps), LT Jedrick Wills (ankle); OUT; DE Jadeveon Clowney (elbow), LB Tony Fields (shoulder), DE Myles Garrett (knee/ankle), CB Troy Hill (toe), DE Takkarist McKinley (knee/ankle), TE David Njoku (knee), LB Malcolm Smith (abdomen), C JC Tretter (knee/back), CB Denzel Ward (neck) QUESTIONABLE
- Chargers: RB Justin Jackson (groin) DOUBTFUL; CB Chris Harris Jr. (shoulder) QUESTIONABLE
Newsome also missed last week's game, and his absence leaves Ward, Hill, and Greedy Williams as the top corners against an explosive offense. Cleveland has a bunch of questionable bodies along the defensive front. Garrett's status seems most questionable after not practicing Friday, but he expressed confidence that he will be able to suit up. Wills was listed as questionable, but was downgraded to out.
If Jackson can't go for the Chargers, Los Angeles' running game will lean more on Larry Rountree, who is currently second on the team in rushing.
San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals (-5)
- 49ers: QB Jimmy Garoppolo (calf), CB K'Wuan Williams (calf), TE George Kittle (calf) OUT; DL Samson Ebukam (hamstring), DT Javon Kinlaw (knee) QUESTIONABLE
- Cardinals: CB Byron Murphy (ribs), OL Justin Murray (back) OUT; OL Kelvin Beachum (ribs), RB Chase Edmunds (shoulder), CB Antonio Hamilton (ankle), TE Maxx Williams (shoulder), RB Eno Benjamin (hamstring), CB Marco Wilson (ribs) QUESTIONABLE
Lance will make his first career start on Sunday. He filled in for Garoppolo after Garoppolo sustained his injury during the first half of last Sunday's 28-21 loss to the Seahawks. He went 9 of 18 passing for 157 yards that included two touchdown passes to Deebo Samuel.
With Edmunds and Benjamin questionable, James Conner may get an elevated workload against the 49er. The former Steelers has rushed for 172 yards and four touchdowns through four games.
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (-7)
- Giants: WR Sterling Shepard (hamstring), WR Darius Slayton (hamstring), S Jabrill Peppers (hamstring), OL Ben Bredeson (hand) OUT; LT Andrew Thomas (foot) QUESTIONABLE
- Cowboys: DE Dorance Armstrong (ankle), S Donovan Wilson (groin) OUT; WR Amari Cooper (hamstring), Ezekiel Elliott (knee), DE Randy Gregory (knee), T Ty Nsekhe (illness), DT Carlos Watkins (knee) QUESTIONABLE
The Giants will again be without their Nos. 2 and 3 receivers. In their absence, rookie Kadarius Toney and veterans John Ross and Collin Johnson will continue to see more work. The absence of Peppers could be important against a Cowboys offense that is rolling at the moment, while Thomas could struggle if he's limited against Dallas edge rusher Randy Gregory, who is expected to play.
Cooper and Elliott did not practice Wednesday and were limited during the Cowboys' final two practices. Despite their light practice loads, neither player is expected to miss Sunday's game.
Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs (-2.5)
- Bills: LB Matt Milano (hamstring), DL A.J. Epenesa (foot), RB Taiwan Jones (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
- Chiefs: DT Chris Jones (wrist), CB Charvarius Ward (quad) QUESTIONABLE
Missing Milano would be killer against the Chiefs, as he would presumably play a big role in the Bills' coverage plans against Travis Kelce. Epenesa has been one of the team's better pass rushers this year, and solidifying the rush was a big offseason priority for Buffalo largely because of its impact in this matchup. If he can't go, Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, Gregory Rousseau, and more would see increased roles.
Jones did not practice all week, while Ward practiced in full on Wednesday and Thursday before being limited Friday. Nine-year veteran Alex Okafor would replace Jones in the starting lineup if Jones can't play, while three-year veteran Chris Lammons is in line to fill in for Ward.
- Colts: DE Kwity Paye hamstring), T Braden Smith (foot/thumb), RB Jordan Wilkins (non-football illness), CB Rock Ya-Sin (ankle) OUT; S Khari Willis (ankle/groin) QUESTIONABLE
- Ravens: OT Ronnie Stanley (ankle) OUT; OT Alejandro Villanueva (knee), S DeShon Elliott (quad), S Geno Stone (thigh) QUESTIONABLE
Smith will miss his fourth consecutive game, so Julie'n Davenport and Matt Pryor will likely rotate at right tackle in his place. Paye will miss his second consecutive game, giving Kemoko Turay more time on the edge. Linebacker Darius Leonard (ankle) was limited in Saturday's practice but was not given an injury designation.
Villanueva (knee) was limited in Saturday's practice. The Ravens will need him to suit up with Stanley out again.
2021 NFL Salute to Service Gear is here
Honor our service members while supporting your favorite team. Get camo trucker hats, pullovers hoodies, jerseys, and more. See the entire 2021 NFL Salute to Service collection here. We salute our service members and thank you for your dedication!
We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.