|If the Big East goes to ruins, MSG's annual conference party in March also will die on the vine. (Getty Images)|
A Wednesday pod means Parrish and Goodman are back on the show. This one's festive, and by festive we mean plenty of insults, laments about Christmas traditions and the aforementioned two lambasting me for enjoying some holiday tunes and tree-decorating. (Though I'm having my issues.)
After the holiday talk, the fellas discuss where we're at with the Big East, and why the league's viability is threatened. We also choose five teams to evaluate one month through the season, picking apart who should continue to win big and who might be trending down as we head into 2013.
- From the beginning: You want some college hoops news? I'm sorry, we've got more important things to get to first, like Gary Parrish having FIVE Christmas trees in his house. Seriously, what? After Parrish is done with his stories, Jeff Goodman takes the time to kindly kill me for my love of Christmas, because Goodman lives atop a mountain with a tiny dog and has fuzzy fingers.
- 10:50: OK, let's talk hoops. Actually, scratch that. The instability of the Big East has become the primary story in college basketball this week. Parrish, shockingly, has also become our go-to expert on the topic.
- 15:40: Dayton, VCU, Xavier, Butler: all candidates.
- 22:18: "Go ahead and book this for five years from now: There will be no Big East, at least in all sports; it might be a basketball-only league, and I don't believe there will be an ACC either."
- 23:10: Quick-hitters on five teams. Parrish and Goodman on five teams they do/don't like right now. Illinois, Maryland are among the group.
- 34:40: I actually misspeak here and say "Final Four" for Maryland when I meant Elite Eight. Final Four percentages for Maryland are probably around 2.5 percent right now.
- 35:00: Wrap-up includes Goodman's love of Goo Goo Dolls.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.