The people have spoken -- you want to see more people running through the mud, completing grueling obstacles with ridiculous names, and making yourself feel worthless as you watch from the couch.
Your voices have been heard.
CBS Sports has teamed up with Tough Mudder to broadcast seven shows this year, including the debut of the brand-spanking new Tough Mudder X, dubbed as The Ultimate Race to Determine Fittest, Fastest Athletes in the World.
Tough Mudder X is a one-mile course that combines the ultimate physical challenges and mental grit of a Tough Mudder course with the intensity of a timed, functional fitness workout and speed of a world-class mile. Sounds like a blast, right?
Oh but don't worry, 10 of Tough Mudder's most signature obstacles, including Kong, Everest 2.0 and Funky Monkey - The Revolution, are back in the fold. They'll be combined with 10 functional fitness stations known as Workout Zones, in a battle to be the fastest to cross the finish line.
Here's a look at some of the misery the participants will put themselves through for your viewing pleasure.
Funky Monkey - The Revolution
Stage 5 Clinger
Where do I sign up?
A total of 200 selected athletes will compete in qualifying heats with the top 24 finalists progressing to the Final Rounds taking place on the same day. Tough Mudder X will take place on Friday, July 14 in Hugo, Minnesota, and the Finals will be broadcast on September 3.
Here is the entire CBS broadcast schedule for the rest of the year (all times Eastern):
- Saturday, July 22, 4 p.m. – Toughest Mudder West, Los Angeles, California
- Sunday, July 30, 1 p.m. – Toughest Mudder South, Atlanta, Georgia
- Saturday, August 19, 2 p.m. – Toughest Mudder Northeast, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Sunday, August 27, 1 p.m. – Tough Mudder X Prelims
- Sunday, September 3, 4 p.m. – Tough Mudder X Finals, Twin Cities, Minnesota
- Saturday, October 28, 2 p.m. – Toughest Mudder Midwest, Chicago, Illinois
- Saturday, December 23, 12 p.m. – World's Toughest Mudder, Lake Las Vegas, Nevada