Things are always changing in Major League Baseball, but for the past two years one thing has stayed the same: Mookie Betts has the most popular jersey in the league. The Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder is once again atop the list of the league's most sold jerseys, MLB revealed on Monday. You can buy his jersey here.
This season, the four most popular jerseys were worn by players from all different countries and territories, marking the first time this has happened. Betts is from the United States, No. 2 jersey seller Fernando Tatis Jr. represents the Dominican Republic, Ronald Acuña Jr. took the third spot and is from Venezuela and finally Javier Báez is from Puerto Rico.
History was also made with Tatis becoming the youngest player (22) to be in the top two for jersey sales. Since jersey sales began being tracked, he is the highest ranking Padres player ever in sales. See his jerseys here.
Overall, the defending World Series champion Dodgers had the most players in the top 10 with four: Clayton Kershaw (No. 5), Cody Bellinger (No. 6) and Corey Seager (No. 8) all had spots in the coveted top 10 after Betts.
The data is all based on sales from MLBShop.com of Nike jerseys since Opening Day of the 2021 season. Below is a list of the top ten most sold jerseys and here is a look at the entire list:
- Mookie Betts, Los Angeles Dodgers (buy Betts jerseys here)
- Fernando Tatis Jr., San Diego Padres (buy Tatis jerseys here)
- Ronald Acuña Jr., Atlanta Braves
- Javier Báez, New York Mets
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
- Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Shohei Ohtani, Los Angeles Angels
- Nolan Arenado, St. Louis Cardinals
We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.