NBA All-Star Game 2017: Anthony Davis steals the show with record performance
Davis scores a record-setting 52 points as his West All-Stars outlast the East All-Stars
Well, that was ... something. The West All-Stars defeated the East All-Stars 192-182 behind a record-breaking performance by Anthony Davis, who scored 52 points, shattering Wilt Chamberlain’s record of 42. Davis received lob after lob after lob to get there. Russell Westbrook finished with 41.
It’s a nice moment for Davis, the star of the hometown host team, and a nice gesture by his teammates to make sure he got there.
Meanwhile, Giannis Antetokounmpo showed out for the East with 30 points on 17 shots, and dunked on Steph Curry. Kyrie Irving had 14 assists.
No defense was played. Not a drop. Not a lick. Not a bit. But a good time was had by all to wrap up a memorable All-Star Weekend.
Also of note, DeMarcus Cousins played two minutes total, as trade rumors swirled around him.
Here are the five most memorable moments from a totally-fine-but-not-great All-Star Game in New Orleans.
1. THE REUNION TOUR: Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook were the overwhelming storyline going into the night. And while early on it seemed like a frosty situation, eventually we got to see a little of that old Thunder magic as the two connected on an alley-oop.
2. RECORD (BROW) BEATING: Anthony Davis shattered Wilt Chamberlain’s single-game record for points in the All-Star Game with 52 points, breaking the record on an accidental lob from Russell Westbrook:
3. UNANIMOUS POSTER: Giannis Antetokounmpo finished with 30 points, and showed out for the East, including this hammer dunk on Steph Curry.
4. THE ROOTS STOLE THE SHOW: The hip-hop legendary band put on a pre-game tribute to the history of the game that was quite simply breathtaking. Best. Intros. Ever.
5. LEBRON STILL THE KING: James finished with 23 points on 10-of-17 shooting, and hit this one from Steph Curry range:
All in all, this year’s All-Star Game offered what it usually offers -- plenty of points and several cool highlights to remember.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
A journeyman in every sense of the word, Griffin's coached in the NBA longer than he played,...
Randle spent one year with the Pelicans and will now be an unrestricted free agent
As of now, the Lakers will have between $23.7M and $27.7M to spend this summer
Irving will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and a number of teams are after his...
The Lakers will also ship Josh Hart to the Pelicans in the blockbuster deal
For the first time in nearly a decade, the NBA is thrown into a beautiful chaos