Stephen Curry ankle injury update: Warriors star reportedly will return Saturday
Curry will 'probably' face a minutes restriction against the Grizzlies
Warriors guard Stephen Curry suffered a right ankle sprain in a Dec. 4 victory against the New Orleans Pelicans, and has yet to return to action. We'll continue to update his status as news becomes available.
Latest Curry injury update
Curry has reportedly been cleared to make his return on Saturday against the Grizzlies. According to coach Steve Kerr, Curry will "probably" be on a minutes restriction. Via ESPN:
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry has been cleared to return for Saturday's home game against the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources told ESPN.
Barring an unforeseen setback of the right ankle he sprained on Dec. 4 in New Orleans, Curry is returning to action after missing the team's past 11 games, a span in which the Warriors went 9-2.
"I would say most likely he'll play," Kerr said. "I talked to him today and he was feeling good, so we'll see how he's feeling tomorrow morning. He probably will have a time limit on his minutes, but we haven't worked that out yet."
Curry hobbled to the locker room late in the fourth quarter of the Warriors' 125-115 win over the Pelicans after twisting his right ankle badly while going for a steal.
Curry's ankle injury history
Here's a timeline outlining the history of Curry's ankle problems over the years:
- Dec. 8, 2010: In his second season in the NBA, Curry suffers his first sprained right ankle against the Spurs.
- 2010-11: Curry tweaks his right ankle five times during the season.
- May 25, 2011: Curry undergoes offseason surgery on his right ankle to repair instability that existed in the ankle due to recurrent ankle sprains.
- Jan. 4, 2012: Curry sprains his right ankle for the first time since his surgery, against the Houston Rockets, and misses two weeks.
- March 11, 2012: Curry sprains his ankle against the Clippers while stepping on Blake Griffin's foot and misses the final 28 games of the season.
- April 25, 2012: Curry undergoes his second surgery on his right ankle. The exploratory procedure revealed a stable ankle with no structural damage and consisted of cleaning out loose debris and scar tissue.
- March 23, 2013: After tweaking his ankle twice earlier in the season, Curry suffers a season-ending sprained right ankle against the Washington Wizards.
- April 16, 2016: After three years without ankle injuries, Curry sprains his right ankle in Game 1 of the first round of the 2016 playoffs against the Rockets. He misses Games 2 and 3.
- Feb. 27, 2016: Curry sprains his left ankle against future teammate Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Dec. 4, 2017: Curry sprains his right ankle against the New Orleans Pelicans.
CBS Sports HQ Newsletter
We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Carmelo Anthony came closer to a championship than anyone remembers
Elton Brand is currently under contract with the 76ers
This would've been one of the least likely reunions in NBA history
Ball and Wiseman have both been mentioned as potential No. 1 overall picks in the 2020 draft
A look at the entire list of underclassmen and international players who declared for the NBA...
Redick has never missed the playoffs in his NBA career, but is at risk of doing so this season