Draft Prospect Outlook
Explosive athlete; competitive; strong; can finish through contact; versatile and switchy defender ; high IQ cutter without the ball on offense; plays with great anticipation, frequently jumping passing lanes defensively; never gives up on plays, often scrapping for loose balls and hustling for chasedown block opportunities
Shot mechanics still a work in progress, including off the dribble; predictable finisher and attacker, almost exclusively with left hand
• Pro comparison: Charles Barkley, more athletic Draymond Green
• Combine: Chose not to participate
• 40.8 Player Efficiency Rating as a freshman, the highest single-season PER in NCAA history.
• Shot 68.0 percent from the field, which led all freshmen and ranked second nationally.
• Won consensus national player of the year honors.
• Ranked No. 5 as a recruit according to 247Sports Composite Rankings, but quickly showed he deserved top billing