Super Bowl 2018 Tecmo Bowl simulation: Eagles beat Patriots in a crazy game
If 8-bit predictions are your thing, this is the place for you
The Patriots are no strangers to dramatic Super Bowls. Just check out all of.
If we're lucky, Super Bowl LII is going to be another tight game that comes down to the end. But who's going to win? The folks at a Tecmo Bowl may have come up with that answer.
You can probably expect some second-half excitement, given New England's Super Bowl history, and that's what the 8-bit simulation is projecting to happen.
Tecmo Bowl sees a low-scoring, very close game between the two top seeds.
So which side of the Super Bowl line do you need to be all over? Visit SportsLine now to see which side of Patriots-Eagles you need to jump on, plus what X-factor determines the outcome, all from a Vegas legend who's 9-3 on Eagles' games.
- The Eagles take a 7-0 lead after a first-quarter wheel route to Jay Ajayi set up a pitch to the opposite side to Ajayi.
- In the same quarter, an Eagles fumble was scooped up by Lane Johnson, who rumbled for a touchdown to make it 14-0. (Please let this happen in real life.)
- The Patriots scored their first points on a second-quarter Nick Foles fumble that was scooped up by Eric Rowe and returned for a score.
- The Eagles led 14-7 at halftime and Tom Brady didn't have a single passing yard. OK THEN.
- The third quarter featured a Pats drive that resulted in a doink field-goal attempt for Stephen Gostkowski.
- A fourth-quarter interception by Nick Foles OH NO! But wait, there's Fletcher Cox for a safety to make it 16-10.
- Another Foles interception gave Brady the ball back with 1:16 left and trailing 16-10. Gulp.
- A late pass breakup by the Eagles with Brady throwing to an open receiver in the end zone saved the win! What a finish.
Here's the full preview:
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
The Raiders are likely dealing with a case of buyer's remorse
R.J. White has locked in his picks for Monday's exhibition matchup between the 49ers and B...
Johnson was the player Drake, the longtime WR coach who died last week, wanted the Steelers...
The All-Pro pass rusher is almost ready to return to the field, and he has his eyes on a record-setting...
It finally appears Guice is ready to make his return to football
Tennessee is all prepared to fully turn the reigns over to the fourth-year running back